FORUMS: list search recent posts

Encore stalls while transcoding

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tom Grant
Encore stalls while transcoding
on Aug 21, 2010 at 4:15:03 pm

Hi everyone,

I'm a novice with video editing and have been helped greatly with all the tutorials and forums for learning Adobe's software, so thank you all.

I've run into an issue in which Encore CS4 seems to hang while transcoding. I edited the video in Premiere Pro and used dynamic link to send the project to Encore. I've added a very simple menu made in Photoshop that has only one button just to enable playback.

The video was originally captured directly into the Premiere project. I've been successful with using Encore to create the DVDs for three other projects done in exactly the same way, and I can't imagine what went differently for this one.

When I click Build, the dual progress bar comes up showing me it's in the Transcoding stage on the top bar. The bottom bar will appear to progress very slightly and then stop moving, with no error or indication of it not working. I've left it to run overnight, as it usually takes about 9 hours to transcode, thinking that maybe just the progress bar wasn't moving, but it just hangs. I've checked the CPU usage and there is indeed nothing happening.

Any thoughts on what may be the issue and what a possible solution may be?

I'm using a MacBook Pro 2.53 GHz with 4GB RAM with OS 10.6.4 and an external 7200RPM 2TB drive via Firewire 800.

Thanks for all the help!

Tom

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]