FORUMS: list search recent posts

Encore won't burn surround

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Vicko Bezić
Encore won't burn surround
on Aug 15, 2010 at 1:31:15 pm

Hello everyone.
I decided to ditch stereo for 5.1 surround in Premiere Pro CS5, so I made a video that has surround audio. I rendered it using Media Encoder CS5 in a .avi file with audio setting set to 5.1 surround audio. I opened Encore (also CS5), made a new project and tried to import the .avi file I made. I then get an error message: "Could not open file Randpocalypse.avi. More than two audio channels for this type of encoding not supported." You can see all my encode and project settings on the attachments including the error message.
My Encore knowledge is quite basic so please help me. Where did I go wrong and what should I do to burn a film like this on a DVD. Or maybe I should stick with stereo.

exportsettingspremierepro.jpg
projectsettingsencore.jpg
defaulttranscodesettingsencore.jpg
errormessageencore.jpg

Thanks,
Vicko.

Return to posts index

Daniel Ludwig
Re: Encore won't burn surround
on Aug 22, 2010 at 8:39:00 pm

Hi Vico,
Encore couldnt transcode 5.1-audio to AC-3 dolby digital-sound, it could create 2.0 Stereo only, because it´s not a dolby-certificated encoder.

it also have a bitstream-error that will cause problems with professional BD-authoring-systems and BD-verifier, but that´s a completely other story.

here in your case your premiere settings are set to 88,2Khz, this is not working with DVD. you need to set your audio-setting to 48khz, but you need to have a full-functional 5.1-dolby AC-3-encoder, like apples compressor (come with FCP) or Minetonka Surcode Dolby Encoder.

cheers

danny

Return to posts index

Marc D'Amour
Re: Encore won't burn surround
on Sep 9, 2010 at 5:16:25 pm

Hey Daniel... was reading your response because I had a similar situation... I am trying to import an .MPG file that was recorded from Eye TV. It is 1920 x 1080 29.97 with 5.1 Audio. I too got the error that the audio wasn't supported. I have Compressor with my Final Cut Studio suite. Am I able to drop my MPEG 2 file in Compressor... not do anything to the video, but make my audio compliant with Encore? If so, do you know what settings I would have to use? Any help is really appreciated.

Thanks.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]