FORUMS: list search recent posts

Looping Motion Menu causing Blank screen for 1 second

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Doug Weiner
Looping Motion Menu causing Blank screen for 1 second
on Aug 13, 2010 at 3:20:37 pm

I am using Encore CS5 to make a Bluray disc.

The issue I am having stems first from the way CS5 handles "Animated buttons" That is, it requires that they only animation they will play is the movie each is linked to AND upon when they first appear, they only can start from the beginning of the movie. Upon later looping you can change their start point, but not when you first stick the disc in. If I am wrong here, please let me know.

So, I ended up building in Final Cut Pro a custom 1-minute movie (each with six little animations for the button animations). So one custom 1-minute movie is one element in one menu. Everything is working, except that at the end of the 1 minute loop, the image on the screen goes black for a second except for the "active button highlight" which in my case is a red box. So every minute there is for 1 second, a black screen with a red box on it.

Any suggestions? (I could just create a 5 minute loop myself, so the problem is less noticeable, but its not the most elegant and uses disc space.

Thanks
Doug

Return to posts index

sunny jhooty
Re: Looping Motion Menu causing Blank screen for 1 second
on Aug 14, 2010 at 3:56:31 am

i have the same issue and would like to know the solution to this.

Return to posts index

Doug Weiner
on Aug 14, 2010 at 1:37:38 pm

John Gedes set me straight. He has a website http://www.precomposed.com/

No answer how to get the movie to loop without the black frame pause, but my original assumption was that I could not change the first frame of video in an button was wrong. (I actually read that in a tutorial somewhere. But its not true.) Select the First Chapter Mark and while keeping it selected, go anywhere in the time line and choose "Set Poster Frame". That command is under the Timline Pulldown menu or right click on a mac. Viola, now those animated buttons will start playing from there.

Thanks
John

PS. You must select the first chapter mark and not other chapter marks.

Return to posts index

Kristof Ermens
on Aug 20, 2010 at 12:52:58 pm

Did you try rendering the whole project and burning it to a disc or previewing it with a pc-based dvd player (NOT the encore-preview). I had a problem like that and it was just a preview issue.

Return to posts index

Doug Weiner
on Aug 20, 2010 at 2:43:25 pm

The problem was after I burnt it to a BluRay disc and it showed up on the player/tv.

I think adding to my problem was a frame difference in the audio and video I could not account for. I did not dig deeper as the poster frame solution worked great!

Doug

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]