FORUMS: list search recent posts

Computer isnt powerful enough to encode my project onto DVD using MAX RENDER

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Butler
Computer isnt powerful enough to encode my project onto DVD using MAX RENDER
on Aug 12, 2010 at 8:20:38 am

Hey there!

Newbie here so please be gentle. I'm in the process of making a film which I want to burn onto DVD. The original footage was shot on a Canon Legria HD camcorder and edited in Adobe Premiere CS4 in an HD Pal 1050i project. I used to the maximum render facility to create a nice looking MPG2 file which matches the high resolution of theoriginal footage. However, when I try to take this MPG2 through encore it produces pretty awful results because it is obviously downscaling the HD footage for SD DVD. The only option I saw was to select the "Maximum Quality Render" option.

Turns out my little dual core processors simply aren't powerfl enough to process this in under a week! :-)

Clearly I need another way of maintaining the best possible quality I can without my computer exploding. I dont really want to go back to square one by starting a new SD project and resizing all the footage so it fits.

I've tried encoding the MPG2 as an AVI to see if the quality is reduced any further but i really am lost so I hope someone can help me.

Many thanks!

Return to posts index

Paul Benson
Re: Computer isnt powerful enough to encode my project onto DVD using MAX RENDER
on Aug 17, 2010 at 3:15:18 pm

I'm surprised Jon Geddes hasn't responded to this, since it is directly tied to the article he wrote here:
http://www.precomposed.com/blog/2009/07/hd-to-sd-dvd-best-methods/

I use a very similar process with just SD footage since these tools do a much higher quality video for the amount of bytes.

Pauley

Return to posts index

Jon Geddes
Re: Computer isnt powerful enough to encode my project onto DVD using MAX RENDER
on Sep 7, 2010 at 4:45:12 pm

You beat me to it Paul!

Chris-

Please read the article that Paul linked to. It goes into detail on walking you through the steps to achieve studio quality downconversion at faster speeds than Adobe Media Encoder with MRQ enabled.

The results are spectacular... you won't believe what SD resolution is capable of.

At the very bottom of the article is a link to a walkthrough video tutorial done by Jeff Bellune, very helpful.

Jon Geddes
http://www.precomposed.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]