FORUMS: list search recent posts

Menu between each chapter?

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tim Cavins
Menu between each chapter?
on Aug 4, 2010 at 1:15:01 pm

I have a request to have the menu shown between each chapter.

So, after chapter X, it goes to the menu for a few seconds with chapter X+1 highlighted/selected. It will then play chapter X+1 and then go back to the menu and repeat for all the chapters.

Sequence of clips: Chapter 1, Menu with chapter 2 selected, Chapter 2, menu w/ chapter 3, chapter 3... etc

I am using Encore CS3. Is this doable?

Tim

Return to posts index

Ricky Barrow
Re: Menu between each chapter?
on Aug 4, 2010 at 2:22:13 pm

Yes, you can also have a "play all" option to play all the chapters without interruption but is not necessary. Do a search on this forum - lots of info. available on the subject.

Ricky

Return to posts index

John Rich
on Aug 4, 2010 at 11:50:04 pm

Tim,

Are you saying you just want a menu before each chapter that lasts for a few seconds and then goes to the chapter by itself without clicking it?
If so, you could make one menu for each chapter in photoshop and then turn on the eyeball for the subpicture highlight for the appropriate chapter button for each separate menu.
Assuming you are just using one timeline with chapter points, you could put the appropriate menu before the beginning of each chapter in your NLE.
I guess I'm not really sure what this accomplishes since essentially you just have a play all with menus between each chapter.

IF you want functioning menus between for each chapter, and have the menus go from one to another, you could again make one menu for each chapter and then set the end action for the menu to go to the next menu at the appropriate button, and then in the motion, uncheck hold forever and put in an appropriate duration. You would have to hook up each menu appropriately.
John Rich

JOHNR

Return to posts index

Tim Cavins
on Aug 6, 2010 at 1:42:34 pm

John,

Yes, I need the autoplay then have menus between each chapter that automatically go on to the next chapter without any user interaction.

Yes, I am using just one timeline.

I will look into what you suggested as I do not know how to do this.

Thanks,

Tim

Return to posts index

John Rich
on Aug 7, 2010 at 6:56:26 pm

Tim,
Any luck? If you want me to, I could try to put together a screen capture of how I might do it.

John

JOHNR

Return to posts index

Tim Cavins
on Aug 9, 2010 at 5:02:23 pm

The main video is still changing which will affect the menus so I have not had an opportunity to try this out.

Is there a link that would explain this to allow me to attempt it?

Thanks,

Tim

Return to posts index

John Rich
on Aug 13, 2010 at 1:43:16 pm

Tim,
I put this together. Let me know if it helps.

John Rich

JOHNR

Return to posts index

Tim Cavins
on Aug 13, 2010 at 2:11:13 pm

John,

Thank you for creating this. It looks like it should work for what I was asked to create.

I appreciate your time and effort in doing this!

Tim

Return to posts index

John Rich
on Aug 16, 2010 at 12:38:55 am

Tim,
I just noticed I made a mistake in hooking up things right at the end. I wanted hook the end action of Chapter 3 playlist to Menu Chapater 1, but unfortunately, I hooked it to Chapter 1 playlist.
I may try to redo this, but for some reason, Camtasia is giving me some problems on this computer and it is a real problem to work with.

If you have problems with this just post back.

John

JOHNR

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]