FORUMS: list search recent posts

Playing Video from USB

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Carlos Angeli
Playing Video from USB
on Jul 22, 2010 at 5:19:09 pm

Hi. I was wondering if there´s a way to make a ISO file or something like it from a DVD, that would play from a USB pen drive in a DVD player.

I have a client who I sent DVD´s to, and he was asking if this would be possible in order to stop using DVD´s.

So far, I can only think of recording the video in divx or mpeg but losing the dvd autoring characteristics.

Any ideas?

Return to posts index

John Mitchell
Re: Playing Video from USB
on Jul 23, 2010 at 4:49:02 pm

Well you could author in Encore and output in Flash but this would not work with a DVD player and neither would a USB stick. What is the reasoning behind not using DVD-Video?

Return to posts index

Carlos Angeli
on Jul 23, 2010 at 10:59:55 pm

Actually, the reason might be that they use about 5 or 6 DVD´s per week that later go into the trash. It´s a bunch of movie trailers that I edit every week. The guy who asks me for the trailers thought they might reuse USB sticks for the task.

Return to posts index

Clint Milner
on Jul 26, 2010 at 3:20:42 pm

Hi Carlos,

Well if the person you're creating the ISOs for had a virtual imaging software (MagicISO Virtual is what I use) you could send a USB with the ISO to them, and then all they do is 'mount' the ISO and it plays just as if there was a DVD in the drive. You can even FTP ISOs, so you don't even need a USB if you don't want.

Hope that helps a bit, let me know if you have any other questions about this.

Cheers,
Clint

Adobe CS4 Master Suite
Vista Ultimate 64 SP1
Intel Core i7 920 @ 3.60GHz
12 GB DDR3 RAM
NVidia Quadro FX 3700
Matrox RT.X2 LE Capture Card
4 TB RAID 5

Return to posts index

Clint Milner
on Jul 26, 2010 at 3:21:54 pm

I forgot to mention that this would only work for PCs... I'm not too sure if you could an actual DVD player to work the same way.

Clint

Adobe CS4 Master Suite
Vista Ultimate 64 SP1
Intel Core i7 920 @ 3.60GHz
12 GB DDR3 RAM
NVidia Quadro FX 3700
Matrox RT.X2 LE Capture Card
4 TB RAID 5

Return to posts index

Carlos Angeli
on Jul 26, 2010 at 10:36:51 pm

Thanks Clint, but I´m afraid they´re going to play the videos from dvd players. I looked up their DVD players on the internet and both models support MPEG4, so I guess that´s the way to go for now.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]