FORUMS: list search recent posts

Should DVDs created in Encore Work with Video Players?

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chin Park
Should DVDs created in Encore Work with Video Players?
on Jul 22, 2010 at 5:12:47 pm

DVDs(with menus) I have created in Encore so far don't work with some videos players(WMV, VLC, etc), although they work with actual DVD players and DVD playing softwares.

Windows Media Player can't play anything at all(probably due to lack of codecs?). VLC player can access the menus and play the videos, but the video controls don't work. Gom Player seems to work pretty well, although clunky.

Is this to be expected when using Encore(I'm using CS4)?

Return to posts index

John Mitchell
Re: Should DVDs created in Encore Work with Video Players?
on Jul 23, 2010 at 4:46:02 pm

You need a software DVD player or an MPEG2 decoder that windows can use. The former is preferred. WinDVD, PowerDVD, Nero and many more come free in OEM versions with a lot of drives and most PC manufacturers include one on their systems..

Return to posts index

minu sharma
on Jul 27, 2010 at 6:55:36 am

Hi Chin ,

John is right .

I am using Power DVD for viewing my DVDs on computer . There is also a PowerDVD version available for Blu ray as well , if you want to view your Blu rays on computer try it.

Thanks
Minu

Return to posts index

Chin Park
on Aug 11, 2010 at 4:01:51 pm

Thank you, both.

The problem is I am burning DVDs for clients, and some are saying that they can view "hollywood movie" DVDs without special codecs or dvd software, using regular video players like Windows Media Player. But, they can't play DVDs that I made using Encore CS4 (although my DVDs work perfectly in DVD players and with DVD playing software).

Is there a way to create DVDs like that using Encore CS4? If there is a way for clients to pop in a DVD and have it work without needing special codecs or a DVD player software, that'd be great.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]