FORUMS: list search recent posts

Burning to AVCHD Disk

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
chris johnston
Burning to AVCHD Disk
on Jul 18, 2010 at 7:34:50 pm

Just bought CS5 suite.

I frequently need to export to disk for the client to check out prior to final finish up.
I recently uped my nle to PPro cs5 and wanted to know if I can export 1080p to a regular dvd with encore? I was using pinacle 12 (or 14?) to just export the final to a regular dvd but in the AVCHD format so most blu ray players to play it in 1080p.

I'm not at the office for the next few days so does anyone know off the top of their heads if PPro cs5 (encore) can burn a high def project to a regular dvd in the AVCHD format? (or can you burn it to a Bluray format but on a regular DVD?)

These are generally 30-60 second commercials so even in HD they should fit (space wise) on a regular dvd.

Return to posts index

John Mitchell
Re: Burning to AVCHD Disk
on Jul 21, 2010 at 8:14:32 am

You can try :) Some blu-ray players work, some don't. You can use a tool called tsMuxeR to create the right file structure from your AVCHD file. Don't make your data rate too high tho, remember the DVD spec maxes out at about 9.8MB/s so even compatible players will tend to fall over at high data rates. I'd paste a link over to another forum but don't think that's allowed around here, but maybe if you Google "blu-ray file structure on DVD?" you might find some helpful info.

It is a bit trial and error by the looks of the stuff I've read.

Return to posts index

John Rich
Re: Burning to AVCHD Disk
on Jul 23, 2010 at 6:20:15 pm

Chris,
What I've done is make the BluRay Project in Encore with menu's etc. Then in the Build dialogue, build a bluRay image (.iso) and use freeware ImgBurn to burn the image to a regular DVD.

This should play in a bluray player, but won't work if you are using a PS3.
http://www.wrigleyvideo.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=29665

Let me know if it works.
John Rich

JOHNR

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]