FORUMS: list search recent posts

adding closed caption

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Reginald Hardine
adding closed caption
on Jul 17, 2010 at 12:16:00 am

Can anyone help me with getting closed caption on my DVD. I am using CS4 and I have captured my digibeta tape into premere Pro, from there I exported it to encore to create the DVD. when I play back the DVD the closed caption is missing. I believe I need some additional files but i'm not sure of the process of how to add the files and exacly what files are needed.

Thanks

Return to posts index

eric pautsch
Re: adding closed caption
on Jul 17, 2010 at 4:00:31 am

Please dont double post. I thought your question was answered in the DVD authoring forum? You'll need to construct an .scc file with a captioning tool.

http://forums.creativecow.net/search.php?q=scc&f[]=145

Return to posts index

eric pautsch
on Jul 17, 2010 at 5:44:37 am

sorry...i was the one who told you to re-post here. :)

Return to posts index

John Frey
on Jul 17, 2010 at 7:29:02 pm

I recently completed an Encore project using sub titles for an SD project. I had an .scc file created for me by an outside souce from the final audio narration track for use in Closed Captioning. I was unable to edit the file to properly time the text with audio - it was way off. I switched to a Sub Title file provided by the same company and was able to move portions of the text right in Encore so the timing was satisfactory. The disc master burned correctly without a problem.

However, when I tried using the same Sub Title file in a BluRay version of the exact same project, I continually received error messages shortly after initiating the build command. Finally gave up on providing subtitles for the BluRay version. Good Luck!

John D. Frey
25 Year owner/operator of two California-based production studios.

Digital West Video Productions of San Luis Obispo and Inland Images of Lake Elsinore

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]