FORUMS: list search recent posts

Encore CS4 created Blu-Ray playback problems in Europe

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Douglas Bowker
Encore CS4 created Blu-Ray playback problems in Europe
on Jul 15, 2010 at 1:56:08 pm

Here's the situation: Last December I produced a Blu-Ray (1080p, 24fps, highest bit rate) for a client for use in trade-shows. The project build used Encore encoding and then processed to an ISO image. I burned about 10 copies with an LG burner in my desktop workstation and all was good for everyone involved.

Playback was flawless, picture and sound perfect, menus functioned without a hitch. They worked on a variety of rented and home owned BD players.

Then, last month the company sent two copies off to their European reps and neither disk will play (and several players were tried). The project out of Encore CS4 was by default region free (in fact it does not appear there is even an easy way to make a region encoded BD from Encore CS 4, or 5 which I now have) and when I burned it, there was also no region encoding options.

So, now they want me to get them disks that will work, but honestly I have NO idea what the problem even is. The disks were Memorex BD-R 25GB, write once.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as there seems to be a dearth of information about BD authoring and burning out there.

Thanks!

Doug Bowker

3D Animation for the Medical and Technical World
http://www.dbowker3d.com

Return to posts index

eric pautsch
Re: Encore CS4 created Blu-Ray playback problems in Europe
on Jul 15, 2010 at 11:14:18 pm

Not every player will play BD-R. Also depends if the client's client has current updates on the player. Are this discs you burned personally and tested? In fact, who is this person saying your discs dont work and are they smart enough to know to play them in a BD player? - Ha Ha

This is a common problem with burned BD-Rs and just sending them out willy nilly to whomever. DVD was the same way in the early days. its always important to let the client know that BD-R is not 100% compatible.

Find out the player and make sure they have current firmware updates and go from there.

Return to posts index

Douglas Bowker
on Jul 16, 2010 at 1:47:59 am

Those are some good points, though the thing that seems odd is that the players are ones from multimedia rental companies. I would assume that given the field, they'd have machines updated and ready to play all formats- but then again, maybe not. The whole situation is made more difficult because it's like playing telephone. I'm never quite sure what I'm asking or suggesting is actually making it through.

Thanks for the ideas.

Doug Bowker

3D Animation for the Medical and Technical World
http://www.dbowker3d.com

Return to posts index

Daniel Ludwig
on Jul 16, 2010 at 12:21:52 pm

Hi Douglas,
Eric hit the point - you donĀ“t really know who is working with the media. some supid user will allways be there.

normally the BD-R will work in Europe on the players, but there are at least a few that wont work with BD-R.

Iguess the best choice for playback is a PS3!

maybe they have low-quality-BD-R-media, who knows! I always use verbatim.

cheers

danny

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]