FORUMS: list search recent posts

button routing problems

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Keith Betts
button routing problems
on Jul 13, 2010 at 3:29:39 pm

Authored a dvd in Encore where during playback on a std. dvd player the highlight for each button on my chapter menus does not appear and prevents playback of that chapter. Doesn't seem to have this problem when playing back on a computer though. The chapter buttons are all named and have the correct button number associated with each. In fact there are 3 chapter menus and this problem occurs on 2 of them but not the last. Recently changed button routing in preferences to eliminate wrap around up/down since the the buttons are in a vertical column. Haven't checked that burn yet. Any ideas? Got to move on to the duplication process ASAP once these DVD masters are done and working properly.

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
Re: button routing problems
on Jul 13, 2010 at 3:59:33 pm

Mac?
Snow Leopard?

If "yes", then change the button highlight layer prefixes to (=3) from (=1). This has solved the issue for many Mac users.

-Jeff

The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

Return to posts index

Keith Betts
on Jul 13, 2010 at 7:43:04 pm

I'm on an iMac with OS version 10.5.8. The buttons have one highlight layer with a prefix of (=1) and another highlight layer with a prefix of (=2). Should I try changing the prefixes to (=3) and (=4)?

Return to posts index

Keith Betts
on Jul 13, 2010 at 8:24:07 pm

It's truly frustrating. Encore's "Check Project" finds no problems yet on 3 chapter menus anywhere from 2 -3 buttons don't work! I'll try changing prefixes in Photoshop for the highlight layers. Seeking additional help.

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
on Jul 13, 2010 at 9:50:19 pm

[Keith Betts] "Encore's "Check Project" finds no problems"

That's because as far as En is concerned, all is OK. If this project were authored on a PC, or on Tiger, or maybe even on a later version of OSX than what you have, the highlights would appear correctly on the burned disc. It is the interaction between En and certain OSX versions that causes the problem. I'm sure Apple and Adobe will just point fingers at the other if asked whose fault it is.

As to your other question, try leaving the (=2) and just change the (=1) to (=3), if that layer order still maintains the design integrity of the highlight. Otherwise, make the (=1) layers all (=2), and all (=2) layers (=3). There is no such thing as (=4).

-Jeff

The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]