FORUMS: list search recent posts

Blu-ray menu stutters when rendered and burned

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Riley
Blu-ray menu stutters when rendered and burned
on Jul 9, 2010 at 9:15:01 pm

I'm working on this Blu-ray project that requires a 30 second looping menu with background video and four buttons on top. The background video is 1080p @ 23.976 and the buttons have no motion; just a 30% transparent red box overlay when selected. It plays back fine when I preview inside of Encore CS5 and CS4 but when rendered out and burned to a blu-ray disc it stutters like it's playing back at 12fps or lower (tested on three different brands of players also).

I've tried multiple ways of encoding the background video (all at MPEG-2):
1. through Compressor (dpx sequence to image sequence import) at high (40 max) and low (20 max) mbps,
2. dpx sequence to ProRes 422HQ QT and then to MPEG-2 using Compressor at high and low mbps.,
3. ProRes 422HQ QT to Encore for transcoding at max and high default settings.

All of these options work for a video playing in a single track non-menu Blu-ray so I know it's not my encode settings. I've been using them for a while and I've never had a problem until I needed to author a menu controlled disc. All of these different encodes give me the same result which points to Encore and it's buggy ways. I've read that creating a disk image or video folder will help but I've tried both and have also tried both using different burning software (Toast 9 and Blustreak Burner and even Encore).

If anybody has any theories or methods that will help, I would greatly appreciate it. Might have to do the ol' stick-a-still-up-for-a-menu-and-be-happy-with-it thing. Encore would still find a way to screw that up. Oh ya, I'm using a new and decked out 8-core Mac Pro (snow leopard) with all updates current.

Thanks,
Chris

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]