FORUMS: list search recent posts

Untranscoding...

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joseph Parcell
Untranscoding...
on Jul 1, 2010 at 3:24:41 pm

I have a project that took up a lot of space on my HDD, so once everything was transcoded, saved, and burned, I had to delete the source files, and saved just the Encore project file and folder. This has worked countless times in the past, but now, I am trying to make another copy of the DVD, and when I opened the project, my video files are all listed as untranscoded. The project folder still has all the transcoded .m2v and .ac3 files in it, is there a way to point Encore back to them? Otherwise, I may be toast.

-jp

Return to posts index

Paul Benson
Re: Untranscoding...
on Jul 1, 2010 at 9:05:35 pm

First I would use a DVD copying program. Maybe your DVD drive or system came with one? Look for Nero or RealDVD. There are also some on the net.

Second, I think you can use Encore, though I have never done it. In the build menu, one of your choices for the 'Source' is 'DVD Volume'. Try pointing to your DVD drive and see what it does. You may need to copy the files from the DVD to the hard drive if you want to write back to a DVD.

Next, you should be able to pull those .m2v and .ac3 files as assets into your timeline. You will likely need to re do your chapter points and menus, but it should allow you to replicate the disk.

Finally, and as a lesson learned, I always output to a DVD Image. I have a hard drive full of images (and backed up, of course). Encore lets you build DVDs from images.

Pauley

Return to posts index

minu sharma
Re: Untranscoding...
on Jul 2, 2010 at 5:37:28 am

Hi Joseph ,

You can relink Transcoded files to your assets in encore project. This is a new addition in Encore CS4.1.

Steps :

1. Select the asset .
2. Right click and select Locate Transcoded file ( you can choose from DVD and Blu ray depending upon your project)

This will take you to Transcode folder of project , choose Video and click open , then do the same for audio. Now you will see Transcoding status in project is Transcoded .

Thanks
Minu

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]