FORUMS: list search recent posts

Complex Navigation...can Encore do it??

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Marcia O'Malley
Complex Navigation...can Encore do it??
on Jun 29, 2010 at 4:57:08 pm

I am authoring an instructional DVD and want the viewer to have the option of creating their own "workout" by selecting from a variety of yoga poses and guided relaxations. The Biggest Loser workout video series has this menu option and I was hoping to create the same type of thing for my DVD. So far, I have not figured out how. Any suggestions, or is Encore not capable of this kind of navigation?

Thanks, Marcia

Return to posts index

eric pautsch
Re: Complex Navigation...can Encore do it??
on Jun 30, 2010 at 2:39:51 am

This isn't possible in Encore. You'll need a tool which provides scripting functions. Here's a tutorial for DVDSP on this kind of functionality:

http://library.creativecow.net/articles/alexzander_alex/bitshifting.php

I'm glad you like the Biggest Loser discs....I was lucky enough to author those.

Eric

Return to posts index

Marcia O'Malley
on Jun 30, 2010 at 3:44:28 am

Eric,
Thanks so much for responding to my posting...straight from the horses mouth, so to speak! When I first started this project I bought every Biggest Loser DVD along with a number of yoga discs for inspiration (it would have helped me personally if I had also worked out with them!!). My client and I really loved the functionality of customizing a workout. You did a great job!

Our DVD is designed for folks who are assisting people to do yoga who have an autoimmune disorder called scleroderma. It would be immensely helpful for them to decide how much they could handle on a given day. I will take a look at the link and see what I can do! Will this require a different software program?

Thanks again. I was worried that no one was going to respond to my posting. Marcia

Return to posts index

eric pautsch
on Jun 30, 2010 at 6:39:26 am

Yes...it will require DVD Studio Pro. You need a tool which allow you to write scripts that tell the player in what direction you want it to go based on user input.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]