FORUMS: list search recent posts

Using the same project for both DVD and BluRay

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Frey
Using the same project for both DVD and BluRay
on Jun 28, 2010 at 10:00:42 pm

I have successfully completed all navigation, button routing, etc. of a 70 minute DVD project in Encore CS4 and have finished and tested the master. I now want to use the same project for a BluRay version. I used Replace Asset to replace both the SD First Play and the main video file in my project with the BluRay file versions. All markers, etc. should remain exactly the same. When the Blur Ray file versions replaced the DVD files in the timeline, my Monitor window shows a zoomed in version. I know there is a setting to change somewhere. In my project settings, I had already changed from DVD to BluRay. If I tell Encore to create a new timeline for the newly imported BluRay video files, I am assuming I will lose all of my prior chapter points, navigation and etc. Anyone?

John D. Frey
25 Year owner/operator of two California-based production studios.

Digital West Video Productions of San Luis Obispo and Inland Images of Lake Elsinore

Return to posts index

Scot Sheely
Re: Using the same project for both DVD and BluRay
on Jun 28, 2010 at 11:25:53 pm

John,

Is the content actually zoomed in, or only your monitor view?

If it is the latter, then you can click on the drop down context menu on the monitor and choose FIT or 100%.

As long as you are using a 16:9 project, which I assuming you are doing, I wouldn't see why replacing assets with HD content should change the physical media size.

One last question: did you pre-render your video from your NLE, and if so, what CODEC / format did you choose?

You have the option in PPRO to export straight to Encore, render as an AVI (if using Windows OS), pre-rendering as an MPEG2 file or even using a frameserver. How you proceed affects not only the quality of the finished video, but could possibly result in an errant CODEC issue that could be the source of your problem if your video issue is more than just a zoomed in monitor view.

Return to posts index

John Rich
Re: Using the same project for both DVD and BluRay
on Jun 29, 2010 at 10:07:48 am

John,

I always thought one needed two separate projects in Encore if you wanted to do the same "stuff" with both SD and BluRay material. At least I know you need menus that are 1920x1080 for a BluRay project.

I'd be surprised if you could switch from one to another with that switch in Preferences.

My computer is down now, so I can't test this, but....
Try a short test project with a Bluray menu that's 1920 etc. in encore and a high def clip you have.

Then do a new project which you proclaim at the begining to be SD, and import as menu the big menu from the Bluray project and see if Encore resizes the menu down to 720x480. Then you can add in your SD clip.
See if you can burn both to disk and if the disks play in a Blu
Ray player.
John

JOHNR

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]