FORUMS: list search recent posts

Changing the timing of subtitles in Encore CS4

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Frey
Changing the timing of subtitles in Encore CS4
on Jun 28, 2010 at 2:32:17 am

The final tweak to a current projects is to attempt to change the timing of subtitle files that were initially transcribed and created by an outside service bureau. As I scroll down the Encore timeline and check the subtitle files in the subtitle track, I can see that the further I move toward the end of this 70 minute video, the more the subtitles lag behind the voice track. I see subtitles on national broadcast TV news shows with severe lag, far worse than my project, but by the time scroll to the last 30 minutes of the timeline, there is about a 3 to 5 second lag. Since there are many separate subtitle elements and quite a few natural long pauses in the voice track, I can move some of these sections back a few seconds to match up. I can trim a section easily, but when I highlight a section physically and move it with the mouse, is sits highlighted for at least 15 to 20 seconds, and then completes the move. Am I doing this adjustment incorrectly or is there a better way, as this will take forever. Anyone?

John D. Frey
25 Year owner/operator of two California-based production studios.

Digital West Video Productions of San Luis Obispo and Inland Images of Lake Elsinore

Return to posts index

Paul Benson
Re: Changing the timing of subtitles in Encore CS4
on Jul 1, 2010 at 9:22:17 pm

I don't have an answer for you, but I hate it when I post a question and get no responses, so it may be time to debug.

I have not encountered this lag (knock on wood) after doing multiple projects with subtitles. When I preview, the subtitles pop up exactly where I placed them, and the burned disk behaves the same.

Do you see this lag in the Encore preview?

Do you have chapter points towards the end? If so, what happens if you jump to that chapter point? I am curious if the lag is some cumulative timing build up that may be bypassed by jumping directly to the chapter, or if the subtitles are truly skewed in the build.

Is this lag seen on different DVD players?

Pauley

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]