FORUMS: list search recent posts

Encore CS5 Media Cache Folder

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steve Burns
Encore CS5 Media Cache Folder
on Jun 25, 2010 at 2:54:36 pm

Hi Gang

I have been using Encore CS4 Mac and have been thinking of moving up to CS5. My main concern is the media cache files folder. This really is sore spot for me and Encore. I have my system setup in a way where my OS and applications live in isolation on 1 drive and my media live on my raid. But Encore behind the scenes is creating all these media files on my system drive in my user folder/application support....etc..
It really gets under my skin Encore is doing this. I have needed to redo my system drive to allow for more space since my projects keep growing in complexity and I would like to work on blu ray as well.

I have tried moving this folder, creating an alias to my other drive but Encore just crashes. Does this behaviour continue in CS5 or is it better?

Thanks

sb

Return to posts index

Rajesh Lamba
Re: Encore CS5 Media Cache Folder
on Jun 29, 2010 at 8:57:10 am

Hi Steve,

Unfortunately Encore does not have the setting of changing the media cache folder. But Encore honors the media cache settings of Premiere Pro. So you can change this setting in Premiere Pro and Encore will honor that setting

To change the media cache settings in Premiere Pro, please do the following steps:

1. Click on Premiere Pro>Preference
2. Under preference choose media
3. On the media preference under 'Media Cache Files' click on browse button and change the path of media cache files.
4. Click on Ok button

Open Encore and try importing the files in Encore. You will notice that media cache files starts getting created in the new folder chosen in step 3.

This works fine both in En CS4 and CS5. Let me know if this works for you.

Thank you,
Rajesh

Return to posts index

Steve Burns
Re: Encore CS5 Media Cache Folder
on Jun 30, 2010 at 12:06:50 am

Rajesh

Thank you thank you thank you!!!! Did the trick

Obviously I do not use premier for editing but Encore is great.

sb

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]