FORUMS: list search recent posts

Problem with "Play All"

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dan McNamara
Problem with "Play All"
on May 28, 2010 at 2:41:59 pm

Hi. I'm somewhat new to Encore and am having a frustrating time creating what should be a seemingly easy option using Encore CS3. I have one timeline (1 hour 20 minutes) with 18 buttons. This timeline is a university commencement with chapters for each of the speakers and/or awards presentations. I have no problems playing the chapters, which all have "return to last menu" as the end action. The problem comes in with the the "Play Entire Program" button. When selected, the button takes the viewer to the start of the timeline but jumps back to the main menu when the next chapter is reached. When I change the end action of the chapter point to "link back to here" the timeline will play all the way through as desired but pauses momentarily at each chapter point. Can anyone help me with this issue? This project is already a week over due and my boss is growing more unhappy everyday.

Dan McNamara

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
Re: Problem with "Play All"
on May 28, 2010 at 4:23:43 pm

Try this:

Remove each and every chapter marker end action. Set the end action of the main timeline to whatever you need (like the main menu). This will give you seamless playback for "Play All". Set the Play All button to link to the main timeline.

If you don't want the program navigation to take the audience back to a menu after each chapter, then just link each menu button to its respective chapter. You're done.

If you want the audience taken back to a menu after each chapter, then create 18 individual chapter playlists. Set the end action of each *Chapter Playlist* to go back to the menu.

Make sure to remove *all* overrides from anywhere in your project.

-Jeff

The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

Return to posts index

Dan McNamara
on May 28, 2010 at 6:06:11 pm

Jeff, you are the man! It worked like a charm. Thanks so much for getting me out of the doghouse.

Dan McNamara

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
on May 28, 2010 at 8:24:48 pm

You're welcome. :-)

-Jeff

The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]