FORUMS: list search recent posts

CS3 Encore Subpictures in Photoshop

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Pat Ford
CS3 Encore Subpictures in Photoshop
on May 28, 2010 at 4:42:54 am

Using Adobe CS3 Suite

Ok, this is driving me crazy. I won’t tell you how many hours I have worked on this problem because it is an immense number. I hope someone can help before the guys in the white suits come for me.

I do video for a company…I want to make custom made menu to harmonize with the graphics in the video. I think it looks better than the remade versions.

So the problem is making menus with Photoshop. I have followed instructions and watched tutorials…but I cannot get the subpictures to work properly. I have example from which I took screen shots. Here is an example in Photoshop…I have created a line of text and coded it for a button in Encore. I have placed a small rectangle to use a subpicture which would come up when mouse is over it.
Photoshops settings
http://criterionweb.com/photoshopsub.jpg
Encore settings:
http://criterionweb.com/encoresub.jpg

It works fine when I view it in the monitor with the three test buttons at the bottom of the window: normal, select and active.

However, when I preview it, the select/active state is visible when the normal should be. In other words the subpicture is always visible….

The documentation says the subpictures can be hard for people that are used to doing rollovers in html….maybe that is my problem…I am missing something basic.

Help!!

Return to posts index

John Rich
Re: CS3 Encore Subpictures in Photoshop
on May 30, 2010 at 12:20:58 am

Since you only have one button, then naturally, it will always be the one in the "selected" state ie the subpicture highlight will always be present in the preview.

If you have more than one button, then only 1 of the buttons will be selected in the preview.
John Rich

JOHNR

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]