FORUMS: list search recent posts

Blu-ray Error: "waste of your time error (horrible product %!!)

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Caston Sacmon
Blu-ray Error: "waste of your time error (horrible product %!!)
on May 20, 2010 at 11:48:04 am

I have been trying to get this Blu-Ray project to the end now for 3 months.

I spend weeks diagnosing problems with errors that make no sense, constant crashes and hang-ups, causing me to purchase $1,000 in additional software to fix things like gaps in subtitles...

If I even look or click at the window wrong, rainbow wheel of death and crashes ensue causing days of waiting for the program to start up. Or I spend hours trying to go back to archived versions because of corruption in the project file.

Then I get a message back from the replication house yesterday that they can't even use the types of files that Encore is capable of exporting. After they had told me that it would work.

So another $400 worth of software to try and get this in the right format for replication... And a 7pm deadline to meet the obligations of a distribution contract.

Was it wrong for me to think that 3 months would be enough time to make a blu-ray disk with 1 subtitle track, 1 audio commentary track, 10 simple menus with audio playing in the background and an art gallery?

3 MONTHS!!

Adobe has been good at trying to help, I will give them that. And perhaps this is an issue with Apple and Adobe not getting along, which is not really Adobe's fault.

But Adobe, don't tell us that your product can do what you say it does. It might be able to work in very controlled instances, but we are artists and your product allows for no creativity and is a complete waste of time.

Return to posts index

Daniel Ludwig
Re: Blu-ray Error: "waste of your time error (horrible product %!!)
on May 20, 2010 at 8:08:17 pm

Hi Caston,
if you want to replicate a BD it´s highly recomended to send a BDCMF-Image to the replication-facillity, because of the AACS.

I have authored more than a few BDs with encore CS4, created the BD-premaster with blustreak premaster and all of them has been replicated fine at several replicaters here in europe.

some of these premasters have been sent as BDCMF-image on BD-R (as there have been enough space on the media), some has been sent on an external harddisk.

I would highly recommend blustreak premaster for ALL bluray-authors. blustreak preaster is a mac-application from Rivergate Software, well known for their DVD-AfterEdit-Application.

http://blustreak.dvdafteredit.com/

ones more I would like to say: don´t trust DVD-/BD-broakers, (mostly) they´ve got no idea of the technical requirements of DVD/BD-replication.

my 2cent (EURO)

danny

Return to posts index

Caston Sacmon
on May 20, 2010 at 9:56:24 pm

Hey, Thanks for the response. It was more of a vent than anything. I have just been so frustrated with my Encore Blu-Ray experience.

I actually bought BluStreak Premaster last night, but unfortunately, now I have too many errors in Encore to build a disk to meet my deadline.

I have reached the cut off time of having to now dump all my assets onto a drive and have someone do it on a more professional system then Encore.

Its just not cutting it. To many errors, too many crashes, too much of a waste of time. $2000 worth of software later......

But you are right about BluStreak. I tried it on a test copy I had and it seemed to wrap the files exactly to the specs of the Replecation House. I would recommend it too.

The other software we bought was Annotations Editor, to fix the gaps to greater than 3 frames error. That works well too. Its too bad that Encore is not a complete product and crashes so much.

Thanks..

Return to posts index

Larry Applegate
on May 20, 2010 at 10:52:28 pm

Hi, sorry you missed your deadline. (I am one of the authors of BluStreak).

Actually CS5 is quite a bit better than CS4. (I know, yet another upgrade cost). They did fix a lot of the project corruption problems. And they added multi-page popups, which is really a nice Blu-ray advanced feature.

We are working on a new product, BluStreak Tracer, which will be able to find and correct any navigation errors. I know, Blu-ray is hard, but you've already put a lot of time and money into it. So if you decide to continue, with or without the upgrades, We'll do our best to help you.

Regards,

Larry

Regards,

Larry Applegate

Return to posts index

Caston Sacmon
on May 21, 2010 at 1:03:14 am

Hey Larry! Thanks for the info about the upgrades. Your software did work exactly like you said!

Not is all lost with this. Basically I will work the last week parallel to a company my partner will try to build it with in NYC. We will both try to get it done in our last week.

My deadline today was to ship out the hard drive with all the assets for an emergency authoring on a different system.

I'll let you know how it turns out. Thanks again.

Return to posts index

Daniel Ludwig
on May 21, 2010 at 5:00:43 am

Hi again,
I agree with larry - encore CS5 is a lot better than CS4, but there are still some bugs in it.

but it´s a LOT better than CS4, and you can have nice multi-layer-menus.

the best idea would be to download CS5-trial from the adobe-website and give it a try (30days).

you´ll see that it´s better and less crashes.

be careful with older projects created with CS4, I´ve figured out, sometimes it doesn´t open them correctly, it crashes (spinning wheel of death).

Annotation Edit is a great subtitle-creation-software, I´m using it for a long time now.

A lot good features and a very good support.

cheers

danny

Return to posts index

Raja Ashok
on May 21, 2010 at 6:23:09 am

Encore CS5 software is not available as a trial.It will be installed as part of the trial for CS5 Production Premium but will not be available for use until you purchase.

Return to posts index

Daniel Ludwig
on May 21, 2010 at 10:33:42 am

oh damed,
your right - because of the codecs.

sorry

Return to posts index

Dominic Osborne
on Mar 12, 2011 at 3:44:16 pm

Heya,

Any chance of having Blustreak on Windows?
Why is it Mac only? As far as I know there are no competiting tools like this on Windows...

Dom

Return to posts index

Larry Applegate
on Mar 12, 2011 at 7:30:30 pm

BluStreak Premaster was and is a very large development effort, and it is built on the Apple Cocoa Frameworks which do not exist in Windows. And sales have been disappointing because Encore is such an unreliable product. So no, we have no intention of doing a WIndows version.

Regards,

Larry Applegate

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]