FORUMS: list search recent posts

Error Message in DVD export to Encore

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
William McQueen
Error Message in DVD export to Encore
on May 17, 2010 at 6:20:24 pm

I am using CS3.

Completed my edit for a rough cut preview, and sought to export to the timeline to a DVD (burn without menu).

The error message says:

The number of audio channels in the output need to be the same or lower than those of the source. Cancelling the operation.

It won't let me burn a DVD.

Cheers,
Thanks so much
Bill in Toronto

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
Re: Error Message in DVD export to Encore
on May 17, 2010 at 6:23:43 pm

Are you trying to export 2-channel audio as multichannel?

-Jeff

The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

Return to posts index

William McQueen
on May 19, 2010 at 3:24:44 pm

Hi Jeff,

You said:
>Are you trying to export 2-channel audio as multichannel?

The original vid/aud was 16:9/mono. I just dropped the selected clips into a mono track, making no adjustments with the Master track.

I know originally, that the setup had called for stereo audio, but inserted a couple of mono tracks, and just dropped the clips into vid1 and aud2. I do remember unlinking a few clips and deleted the video to have the audio stand alone. I also offset some opening audio under black, before introducing the video.

I do see that the audio in preferences is set for 5.1 Mixdown type=front & rear. To be truthful, I've never set this particular preference before. The original footage is mono. I see that Source Channel Mapping is set as "use File", but also suggests mono and some other settings, like "mono as stereo". There are some stereo tracks I'm not using. Not sure what to check.

Thanks so much,
Bill in Toronto

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
on May 19, 2010 at 5:42:16 pm

Is your Pr sequence Master track 5.1 instead of stereo?

-Jeff

Return to posts index

William McQueen
on May 19, 2010 at 6:19:56 pm

Hi Jeff,

You said:
>Is your Pr sequence Master track 5.1 instead of stereo?

I've looked in the project preferences, and under the audio tab there is a reference to 5.1 Mixdown Type with the options Front+Rear; Front Only; Front+Rear; Front+LFE; and Front+Rear+LFE.(mine is set as "Front+Rear")

In the default track format, the options are: Use file; Mono; Stereo; Mono a Stereo and 5.1 (mine is set as "Use File"

There are 3 mono tracks 1,2,3 and three Stereo track 4,5,6.

I've looked at the Audio Mixer and see no designation. I've looked at the add tracks dialogue tab and "stereo" appears to be the default "setting" with other options, such as Mono and 5.1.

The Default Sequence settings are the Master is Stereo, with the options of Mono and 5.1.(mine is set to Stereo) The list of tracks is 0=Mono; 3=Stereo; 0=5.1

And yet, I thought I added 3 Mono tracks, and the small speaker icons are single speakers with no audio in the stereo tracks and the audio waves look to be the appearance on mono audio.

Should I add 3 to match the mono list of tracks. Or, something else?

Sorry for the tour, but perhaps you'll spot the contradiction.

Thanks so much, Jeff.

Cheers,
Bill in Toronto

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
on May 19, 2010 at 6:32:04 pm

Maybe you're trying to encode a mono track as stereo?

-Jeff

Return to posts index

William McQueen
on May 19, 2010 at 6:39:49 pm

In the Project Settings, the Master seems to be set to Stereo; If I change that to Mono in the Project Settings, do I need to add 3 mono tracks in the listing and DELETE the unused stereo tracks? (I was going to add 1 stereo music track.) Or, just add 3 mono tracks to the listing in the Project Settings?
Bill

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]