FORUMS: list search recent posts

Massive frustration - different results on different players...

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andy Wilton
Massive frustration - different results on different players...
on Apr 29, 2010 at 11:17:25 am

Hi Guys,

I'm in the process of completing a DVD project in Encore 2.0 but am getting some odd results.

The discs I burn produce different results in different players around the building, with regards both navigation and visuals.

We have three DVD players, all different brands. Testing the discs on the players - it looks brilliant on 2 of them, but atrocious on the third (an expensive Humax DVD player). I'm getting a massive amount of diagonal, strobey lines all over the majority of the text and lines (note, all text/lines are actually part of the video, not Encore menus). I have tested various ways round this, making the text/buttons directly in Encore but nothing has worked thus far.

More oddly, the navigation is fine on two of the players but not on the third. When using the next/previous buttons on a cheap ASDA DVD player it doesn't always go where it should. It manages to find paths to other chapters, which is irritating (and surely shouldn't be possible?). I've checked the navigational links inside Encore and they all seem to be correct...

I'm very frustrated as the project is almost complete, but it's not going to be good enough if it only plays on some players.

Would an upgrade to a newer version of Encore be the answer? Would a newer version happily accept my old projects (without knacking them).

Thanks for your time,

Andy Wilton

Return to posts index

eric pautsch
Re: Massive frustration - different results on different players...
on Apr 30, 2010 at 5:03:28 am

1. definitely a player issue if 2 look fine. Different players, same monitor?

2. player inconsistencies have plagued authors since the beginning. What to you mean "find other chapters"?

Return to posts index

Andy Wilton
on Apr 30, 2010 at 6:21:28 am

Hi Eric,

Thanks for the response.

After a few more tests it appears than none of my Encore DVDs work well on that DVD player - they all look horrendous. As they've never got comments elsewhere I probably just have to hope it's a conflicting player (though it will play professional and amateur DVDs made presumably on other software).

It is on a different television to the other players so I will try switching them around.

The random chapters thing is very strange. If I press the "previous" or "next" remot buttons on our cheap ASDA player it finds random sections of the DVD. On the places in question, "previous" should start the video again (there is no previous chapter) and "next" should bring up the main menu. On the preview and on most of the DVD players, it works exactly right. On the ASDA DVD player it finds these weird navigation paths. It's very strange as the timeline has no other video on and isn't linked to anything else. There seems to be no logical link between the video files in Encore either.

It's all very confusing. I haven't used the "overrides" function - can I maybe get around it with that somehow? Any other thoughts?

Really appreciate the help,

Andy

Return to posts index

minu sharma
on Apr 30, 2010 at 7:20:02 am

Hi ,

Play the disc on software players like vlc and power DVD on computer monitor and check all links and navigation, if all fine then this will confirm that it is a DVD player issue.

Thanks
Minu

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]