Encore CS3 subtitles - no compile / build

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dominic Osborne
Encore CS3 subtitles - no compile / build
on Apr 23, 2010 at 12:09:30 pm

Hi,

Having real issues with Encore CS3.
We're doing a feature film which really needs to get off to be pressed.

Having done all the authoring with quite a few menus and links, I've got 8 subtitle tracks with foreign languages in that my client has paid a fortune for translations of.

I've got them all imported to Encore on the timeline.

When I go to build the disc, I click the build button and it remains depressed. Not much else happens. I've checked task Manager and Encore is doing 'something' - but it doesn't get as far as building the disc with the progress bars and cancel button.

I left one machine trying to build this morning, and after 1hr 40mins it hadn't gotten any further than than having a 'depressed' Build button.

If I delete all the subtitles, and click build, after about 20 seconds the Progress bar appears and it start to build.

This is on a dual dualcore xeon machine with 8GB RAM.

I need the client to approve the disc, and it looks like the only way I could do this is without the subtitles - not ideal.

Should I put the subtitles back in and click the build button, and assume that maybe after 5-6 hours it might successfully build?

It's a bit of a gamble....

Thanks,
Dom

P.S. Tried to find Encore CS4 trial to see if it wsa better, but the link seems to have gone now with CS5 appearing. Anyone got access to a link?

Return to posts index

Dominic Osborne
Re: Encore CS3 subtitles - no compile / build
on Apr 25, 2010 at 10:58:23 pm

Just so you know, I got this solved.

Just have to leave the machine for a loooooong time (I'm talking a few hours) before it actually starts to build.

On XP32bit I got this error message, apparently solvable here http://forums.creativecow.net/thread/145/865932 but I found the error doesn't even show up on XP64 which is interesting...

Got there in the end - was just worrying not knowing what was going on when deadlines loom.

Dominic Osborne

---------------

Director & Head of Visuals

Eight Eyed Sea Bass Ltd

http://www.eesb.tv

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]