FORUMS: list search recent posts

Transcoding causes a stall

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jake Hillard
Transcoding causes a stall
on Apr 22, 2010 at 8:29:15 pm

Ok, I have built a relatively complex dvd (from what i have done before anyways). It plays pretty well from the preview function. There is one exception. One of the video files i imported is not synced correctly with the audio even though it was exported from premiere and works perfectly in every other program. I have re made the timeline and re- imported the asset and it has the same issue. The rest of the video files are fine. This file is the same file type as the rest (.mp4)

The main problem I am posting about is that when i tried to build the project, it always ends up getting stuck after transcoding a file or two. The files it gets stuck on are not always the same. I have tried transcoding from the project (using Transcode Now), and transcoding to both vid files and a dvd image. Further I have tried using many different quality settings including automatic, 7MB 2 VBR pass and 4MB 1VBR pass (i do not have encore open so i might have messed up those setting names slightly).

I have also tried making the source of the image/dvd folders different drives including my internal storage and external storage (where the project file is).

I never end up getting errors, but I will leave it encoding for many hours and the progress bar will not progress. When i end up closing encore (by ending the process) It usually has one of my two cpu cores maxed out and the second core is usually not being utilized for that task.

I could probably give more info, but for now i think this will do.
Any help is greatly appriciated.

I have

a intel 2.66 duel core processor
4 gigs of 1066 DDR2 ram
A 7200 rpm 500 Gig HD (with 1.5 TB of external storage)
a Geforce 8800 Gtx

Everything should be updated and I have burned other very similar projects (but a little less complex) successfully

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]