FORUMS: list search recent posts

Exported Flash menu only works for first button's video, not others

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt Andrews
Exported Flash menu only works for first button's video, not others
on Apr 22, 2010 at 9:51:07 am

Hi all

First post here, I have searched around but can't find anyone with a similar problem.

I have a DVD project in Encore CS4. It's got a 10 second opening "disclaimer" video (on a timeline) which then leads into a stationary menu. There's one timeline for the main video. On the menu there are 7 buttons, all of which link to a Chapter on the main timeline, and there is also a Play All button which links to a Chapter Playlist of all the Chapters.

It works fine as a DVD. But when I build it to Flash, I get a specific problem. The Play All and first chapter's buttons work properly. If I press either of those, I get everything or just the first chapter respectively as it should.

But if I press any of the other buttons all I see is a freeze frame of whatever video was previously shown, whether the last frame of the first chapter when it ended, or whatever frame I pressed the Menu button on.

I've gone through the AuthoredContent.xml and it seems fine, the buttons seem to be linking to the right FLVs and the FLVs are fine when played in Adobe Media Player. I tried a tip I read elsewhere about rounding up the durations in that file, that didn't work either.

Please help, this is a whole functionality from Encore that I have had no success with whatsoever and it could be a real service to sell onto my clients.

Many thanks

Matt Andrews

Return to posts index

Amit Kumar Gupta
Re: Exported Flash menu only works for first button's video, not others
on Apr 23, 2010 at 12:41:39 pm

There might be a problem with your Flash player. Try updating the FP to latest version.
If you are playing your FlashDVD from a local machine, add path of exported FlashDVD at
http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/setting...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]