FORUMS: list search recent posts

Automatic Popup

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Christoph Götsch
Automatic Popup
on Apr 20, 2010 at 12:29:14 pm

Hi,
I've to build a BD with popups which have to start automatically with each movie.
Why? The BD will allways be running fullscreen on a touchscreen-PC. So the User doesn't have the chance to klick the popup-button like he would do it normally on his remote control.
How can I do this? Is it possible? Do I have a alternative solution?

I hope you can more or less understand what i'm trying to say.

If not, please ask. I'm running out of time! Project have to be done next monday

Greetings frome Germany
Christoph

Return to posts index

eric pautsch
Re: Automatic Popup
on Apr 20, 2010 at 7:34:43 pm

There are 2 types of menus in BD: "Always On" and "Pop-Up". There's a chance that Encore only does Pop-Up Menus, in which case you will need to use the Pop-Up Button.

Someone correct me If Encore does both.

Return to posts index

Daniel Ludwig
on Apr 20, 2010 at 7:54:48 pm

Hi Eric,
you´re absolutely right, Encore could only have a popup-menu not a ALLWAYS on.

cu

danny

Return to posts index

Daniel Ludwig
on Apr 21, 2010 at 9:35:19 am

Hi again,
I have been thinking about this ALWAYS ON-films a bit, and it´s possible with encore CS4/CS5 itself. it´s a kind of work-arround, because popup-menus and allways on-menus will be muxed in a different way.

so the workaround would be to create every film, where you would like to have a menu on top as a real menu. at the end of it you´ll link to anywhere instead of looping the film (?menu?) again.

the negative aspect of this: your film will be transcoded to MPEG2HD, even if you use pre-encoded assets or your project-settings are H264.

cu

danny

Return to posts index

Christoph Götsch
on Apr 21, 2010 at 12:29:31 pm

Hi,
thanks for your help.

I thought it would be easier but I'm happy as long as I find a way to get it done.

Christoph

thx Pete

Return to posts index

Daniel Ludwig
on Apr 20, 2010 at 7:52:41 pm

Hi Christoph,
as far as I understood, you need to have an ALLWAYS ON popup on all of your titles, right?

that´s not possible with encore itself! but I can fix that for you. I´m living in cologne, germany - please email me.

cu

danny

Return to posts index

Raja Ashok
on Apr 21, 2010 at 6:48:05 am

Just to be clear, a pop-up menu that appears when person clicks pop-up menu on the BD remote/ Software player. If you want an Always On menu then you can duplicate the same menu and use it as a normal menu (If you want you can add a motion background too)and set the the menu as first play. And ofcourse link all the timelines/chapters to the menu.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]