FORUMS: list search recent posts

Widescreen 16:9 Timelines

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nick Marques
Widescreen 16:9 Timelines
on Apr 19, 2010 at 6:05:01 am

I created a new Encore CS4 project for DVD and added a Premiere Pro CS4 sequence using Dynamic Link. This particular sequence is Panasonic P2 720p60, so Premiere interprets the footage as 960x720 @ 1.333 aspect. However, when I create a new blank Timeline in Encore CS4, change it's aspect to 16:9 and then drag the sequence into it, the Timeline reverts back to 4:3 and Encore letterboxes it.

How do I force this to be 16:9 and not letterboxed? I have already edited the Transcode settings to be 16:9 but that didn't matter. Am I going to have to enter my MPEG-2 DVD out using Adobe Media Encore and then import into Encore CS4? I suspect this will not keep my Encore chapter markers created in Premiere.

What should I do?

Return to posts index

Raja Ashok
Re: Widescreen 16:9 Timelines
on Apr 19, 2010 at 6:58:56 am

I'm not sure if there's a workarund in Encore.

You may want to try this in Premiere;
create a 1280x270,59.94 sequence and copy/paste the clips from the original(960x720) sequence to the new one. Add the Encore chapter markers in the new sequence and do Send to Encore.

(or)

Export Mpeg-2 DVD (widescreen) out using AME in Premiere and import the files into Encore.AME preserves the chapter markers while exporting a sequence with markers.

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
Re: Widescreen 16:9 Timelines
on Apr 19, 2010 at 10:33:42 am

Try File | Interpret Footage.

-Jeff

The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]