FORUMS: list search recent posts

"devise error" Code "3" and "device not ready" Code "4"

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Caston Sacmon
"devise error" Code "3" and "device not ready" Code "4"
on Apr 16, 2010 at 9:41:20 am

After initial success, changing some menus and adding bonus slideshow features, it took me a solid 2 weeks to get this Blu Ray to build.

Three annoying errors, that I managed to diagnose with the help of this forum, Adobe, and trying every possibility were:

Blu-Ray Error: "Device error", Code: "3", Note: "File can not open......... .ves"

Thanks to this forum, I found that you should delete the .ves file that is referred to in the AuthorScriptHDMVSessions folder in the build folder of your project.

On the next build, it will not stop on that file and will either give you the next .ves error for you to delete, or in my case a:

Blu-Ray Error: "Device not ready ", Code: "4", Note: "cannot acquire exclusive access.

From this I assumed it meant exclusive access to the burner. For what reason, I don't know.
First I tried to close and reopen Encore. But would get the same error. So I then decided to close Encore and restart the Mac. No more error. Just the next .ves error for me to delete.

Since I had a lot of .ves files to be trashed before it would finally burn, I had to completely restart the computer every time I tried to rebuild. Also each attempt to build took about 2 hours.

So this is what I have been doing in the last 2 weeks. Adobe could make these error codes more clear for sure. It is a waste of our time.

The other code I kept getting was:

Blu-Ray Error: "not enough free storage", Code "25" Note: "Not enough space on media.

This, even though I had 23.8GB used on a 25GB disk. there was 1.2GB free.

After 4 or 5 different exports of my feature film and trimming down whatever I could, I got it down to 22.85GB used and it worked. Is there a specific data size cut off for a 25GB Blu-Ray? Wouldn't it be nice of Adobe to give an accurate gauge of what fits on a disk?

Imagine, with all these unclear variables, how much of a time killer this is.

I almost don't want to say "Very Poor Program" at risk of offending my machine and this not burning again.

Thanks to this forum, hope this is helpful.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]