FORUMS: list search recent posts

"Edit menu in photoshop" opens the wrong photoshop

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bradley Nash
"Edit menu in photoshop" opens the wrong photoshop
on Apr 15, 2010 at 1:47:42 am

Hello,

I have windows 7 and I am trying to edit a menu with photoshop. Problem is it tries to open photoshop 64bits when I want to use 32bits. Changing file association type is not working as the 64 bits has "priority" over the 32bits. Since they both have the same name, trying to make the 32bit take over psd files do not change a thing (I think, because it still tries to open the 64 bits).

I tried to put the 32bit shortcut in the 64 bit folder and renamed them in hope that encore will open 32 bit but it didn't work.

I tried to change file type association to a random application then back to the 32 bit but it still tries to open the 64 bits as it has "priority" over 32 bit

Someone please help me I cannot find anything on google for this.

Return to posts index

Raja Ashok
Re: "Edit menu in photoshop" opens the wrong photoshop
on Apr 15, 2010 at 6:44:06 am

Launch the 32-bit photoshop first and then try the Edit Original.
Or
Uninstall (or)rename the 64-bit photoshop (I know You may not like the workaround).

Return to posts index

Bradley Nash
Re: "Edit menu in photoshop" opens the wrong photoshop
on Apr 17, 2010 at 5:11:41 am

I don't mind the work around, but I already tried to rename the 64bit exe file and it gave me an error message as if the 64 bit was not properly installed. I just found a way around it which is a pain to do...I renamed the folder of the 64bit to something else, I copied the 32 bit where the 64 bit was and changed the name of the folder of the 32bit to what the 64 bit had and it worked. I hate messing around with these but it works fine so it's all good now.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]