FORUMS: list search recent posts

Enabling buttons before loop point on a motoin menu

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ryan Antrim
Enabling buttons before loop point on a motoin menu
on Apr 12, 2010 at 3:35:49 pm

I've done numerous projects in Encore and know it pretty well. I want to know if there is any possible way to do what I want to do, but I think the answer is no. Here is what I want to do:

The menu comes up and a voice over begins, all menu buttons and functions are usable while the voice over is playing. When the voice over is finished the menu remains on screen indefinitely until the user clicks off of it, the voice over never loops.

I have tried this several ways.

If I just set my menu loop point to 0 and my loop # to none, the VO plays once with buttons active, but then the whole DVD completely stops and buttons are disabled after VO.

I created a VO file with a minute of silence at the end of it, and set my loop point to after the VO so the silence would be the only part looping. That achieved the infinite menu with enabled buttons, but now during the VO the buttons are disabled. Is there any way to enable menu buttons before and after a loop point.

I know I could make another menu with no VO and have the end action of the VO menu go there, but this project is huge, over 100 menus, and I don't want to double it if at all possible.

Ryan

Return to posts index

Paul Benson
Re: Enabling buttons before loop point on a motoin menu
on Apr 12, 2010 at 10:00:58 pm

Hmm, I'm surprised that the menu hung on your first example. I would have thought that would work. It also sounds like you know the 'correct' answer of creating a separate menu.

Maybe this would work, but it has some flaws (and I'm not sure it is possible). Have the end action of the menu go back to the beginning of the menu but also change the audio track. I am not sure if the audio track needs to exist (and be silence) or if you can just point it to a non-existent audio track. Then, when the user selects a button, you would have to remember to change the audio track back to your main one. One problem is if the person exits the DVD and your player is still pointing to the non-primary audio track.

Pauley

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]