FORUMS: list search recent posts

Need to make my file smaller

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mechelle Morris
Need to make my file smaller
on Apr 1, 2010 at 4:53:23 am

I am a film student and I used CS4 Encoure along with Premeire Pro for an Animatic I had to make for an assignment. I made a slide show in Encoure with Pans and Zooms and then brought it into Premiere to add sound effects along side of music. I then made my project into a Quicktime movie, but the file was 1.34 GB. I need 100kb to be able to send it to my teacher and he wants a quicktime movie. How can I do this without redoing my project? My teacher said I probably had my pictures too big.
Thanks

Return to posts index

Clint Milner
Re: Need to make my file smaller
on Apr 1, 2010 at 12:18:08 pm

I don't know if you have any experience with After Effects, but here's a really good Slide Show tutorial that may help reduce your picture size as well as your project size. This solution is a bit more elegant than the Encore version way and you can add the audio in the After Effects timeline at the same time so you don't have to take it to Premiere too.

http://www.videocopilot.net/tutorials/elegant_slideshows/

If you can't use the tutorial, I guess the only option would be to change the Export settings in Premier. Changing the dimentions and/or quality of the render should help to reduce the size.

Hope that helps.

Clint

Adobe CS4 Master Suite
Vista Ultimate 64 SP1
Intel Core i7 920 @ 3.60GHz
12 GB DDR3 RAM
NVidia Quadro FX 3700
Matrox RT.X2 LE Capture Card
4 TB RAID 5

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved