FORUMS: list search recent posts

4x3 is being cropped

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul Rozon
4x3 is being cropped
on Mar 31, 2010 at 10:15:56 pm

I am working with After Effects on CS4. Pulling my hair out.

I have an AE project which I rendered out 3 comps. All are dv.09 4x3 and all looks good. exported as quick time DV being sure to flag it as 4x3

Brought them into Premiere for additional work and all looks good. Exported 3 seperate files as Mpg2DVD making sure all is set to 4x3.

Using encore I generated 3 seperate dvd's of these files. previewed all three within encore and all looks good

on playback using the same dvd player the same monitor two of the files playback propper 4x3 and one of the files is cropped top, bottom, left and right.

I bypassed Premiere and brought the three files directly into encore and the same problem occured. previewed fine in encore but after burn the same file became cropped.

I have looked through every setting I can find in AE to insure both comps have the identical 4x3 settings. All seems to match up exactly. The obvious difference between the comps is that 2 of them are very basic 2D, 3 layers typical motion graphics that I usually put together. The comp that is giving me trouble is 3D, 10 layers, camera, null object which is not typical for me.

I have trouble shot this one to death. Any thought would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Paul

Return to posts index

Emile Hiemstra
Re: 4x3 is being cropped
on Apr 5, 2010 at 2:36:08 pm

Hi Paul,

I'm having the same problem here, 4x3 gets cropped on both sides. I don't know if you used Adobe media encoder to get your m2v's an audio, but when I do i get this result.

I even tried to make a dvd in DVD studio pro with the files, but they were cropped there too.

Really frustrating because I had made custom presets with everything manually set to deliver Pal 720 x 576 4:3. when I checked these files in Qt-pro, it wasn't 720 x 576 but 720 x 540, even weirder because that way it should look wider in stead of squeezed...

I don't know for sure, but maybe you should try and let encore do the encoding? On import of my raw / uncompressed movies, Encore shows me the right perspective, no cropping in the previews.

I hope this is something you can work with! Good luck!

Emile

Return to posts index

Emile Hiemstra
Re: 4x3 is being cropped
on Apr 5, 2010 at 7:42:53 pm

Hi Paul,

I'm sorry, last time I read in was a quick visit and I realize I missed your point.

I've never realized anything 3D in AE but in comparison with other graphical apps, could there be a problem causing the view to have virtual space included like a 'bleed' in Indesign or Quark? Or is everything 'just' cropped...

If everythying looks fine in preview (I'm sure you've checked this) it could be 4:3 shown in 16:9, on a 4:3 screen that looks like a 'cropped-around' picture. This way it would not be cropped but just a smaller version.

Sorry, but someone who's into 3D in AE would be more helpfull I guess... I wish you all the luck!

Greetz Emile

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]