FORUMS: list search recent posts

Navigating Timelines

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kirk Allear
Navigating Timelines
on Mar 30, 2010 at 2:08:02 am

i am authoring a dvd in encore cs4 and I have 22 timelines each with an end action set the dvd plays fine I can skip forward OK but when it hit previous it takes me to the beggining of that timeline and no further I figured out this is due to the chapter point being set at the beginning for that timeline How do I get the previous button on the dvd remote to make it jump to the previous timeline Ive played around with playlists and chapter playlists but the same thing happens I can navigate around ok only within the timeline I cant go back a timeline any help would be appreciated

Return to posts index

John Meise
Re: Navigating Timelines
on Mar 31, 2010 at 9:52:00 pm

An option (and possibly the only other option) would be to put all 22 clips on a single time line. It will automatically create a chapter for each video clip (I believe) as you insert them into the single time line. From there you will be able to freely browse back and forth as you desire. There are some downsides to this, but I'm not really aware of them all as I've only got about maybe ten hours or so of encore experience under my belt and it's all been with a single project. One of the downsides involves the "Override" option either not working properly or at all. The override option still confuses me a little, and the fact that every single item that has an "End Action" option also has an "Override" option makes the use of the "Override" option even more unclear to me.

I hope this will be of some help, even if just a little, but someone here with more experience can likely offer a much better solution. Good luck :)

Return to posts index

Kirk Allear
on Apr 2, 2010 at 2:29:52 pm

Thanks for the response That seemed to be my only option after doing this I got those timeline errors of gaps being greater then .4 seconds it seems the audio stream is slightly longer then the video I ignored these and it seems not to matter. I think encore will be pretty good products if they tightened up a few loose ends

Return to posts index

John Meise
on Apr 2, 2010 at 7:59:15 pm

You're welcome, I was happy to have helped out a bit. I too got that error on my DVD project but as you stated it really doesn't seam to matter. I do have to say that I like encore, but I don't feel like I know enough yet. I'm sure there are a lot of tricks to getting around many things but on top of not understanding encore well enough, I also don't fully understand how DVD players navigate, which would likely help out a lot.

Fyrlypohs

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]