FORUMS: list search recent posts

Copy and paste menus with button routing?

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ryan Antrim
Copy and paste menus with button routing?
on Mar 26, 2010 at 7:33:02 pm

Hi everyone,

I am working on a project that is designed to work almost like a website, but on a DVD. There is a navigation bar with 8 buttons on it, plus a next and back button. There will end up being many pages (each page is a menu)with little if any difference in buttons and routing. The only difference will be the body text in the middle of each menu. So I made one menu, didn't like the button routing so I turned off auto route and manually routed each button. Now I need to duplicate (copy/paste) the menu multiple times and keep the button routing from the original. The problem is when I copy/paste to make a new menu the button routing resets and all the buttons route to nowhere! I don't feel like going through 50+ menus and manually routing each of the 11 buttons per page. Is there a way to duplicate a menu and have it keep the same button routing without having the auto route box checked?

Thanks

Ryan

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
Re: Copy and paste menus with button routing?
on Mar 26, 2010 at 7:40:27 pm

Nope. It's a bug.

-Jeff

The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

Return to posts index

Ryan Antrim
on Mar 26, 2010 at 8:56:20 pm

Thanks.

Is there a way to copy and paste whole folders including the contents?

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
on Mar 26, 2010 at 9:52:16 pm

Given the well-documented fragility of En projects when assets or folders are modified or moved outside of En's built-in commands and operations, I would advise against it.

That said, you could create a full copy of your project by doing a Save As operation, and then experiment on the copy without endangering the original project.

-Jeff

The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]