FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVD not fillng the screen 16:9

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jerald Nantze
DVD not fillng the screen 16:9
on Mar 25, 2010 at 7:07:44 pm

Greetings, I needed a place to start, this might not be the correct forum ,there seemed to be plenty to choose from , I am working on a project in CS4 starting in Premiere where everything looks good (well as good as it can get considering the source) in 16:9...then I either export with media encoder or use the Adobe dynamic link it seems that either way (and the media encoder i have tried multiple settings) it seems that the final product (dvd) when played has bars on the top and bottom...the source objects are to small to tell if they are squished but I think they are..I do have the DVD player set correctly (other movies play full in the screen)...I have every timeline/sequence set to be 16:9 every format that I choose is either "widescreen" or 16:9...maybe there is a difference, but eitherway...the source material was 16:9...what else hmmm yes the computer is plugged in, etc...I'm hoping this is an easy answer, I'm even fine if it is a stupid bonehead error! I appreciate your assistance especially here where you will no doubt have to clarify the problem even further with multiple messages, and several that may not even comprehend...but I will strive to make this as easy for you as possible....thanks, Jerald

Return to posts index

cowcowcowcowcow
Jeff Bellune
Re: DVD not fillng the screen 16:9
on Mar 25, 2010 at 7:27:08 pm

In Encore, did you check File | Interpret Footage before you built the project?

-Jeff

The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

Return to posts index

Jerald Nantze
on Mar 25, 2010 at 8:41:30 pm

Interpret?...nah..its all in English I knew what they were sayin',....

No I guess I haven't explored that concept yet...thanks I'll read up and "dink" with it a bit...again thanks...

Return to posts index

Jerald Nantze
on Mar 25, 2010 at 9:02:49 pm

I think that's it...now I have to go back to Premiere and reduce the image because I think I lost some preschoolers that were on the edge, thanks so much..is there anything I should or could do in Premiere or encoder to prepare it for encore, or is this a setting that is best/only done in Encore? (i'm asking about the interpret footage...I know should shoot with a more conservative safe area in the future.)...if I were having anymore kids I would name one of them after you! thanks.

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
on Mar 25, 2010 at 11:00:11 pm

:-)

You're welcome. Make sure that your sequence settings in Pr exactly match your source footage. If the source footage is HD, you may have to adjust your export settings from Pr and/or your encoding settings in En.

-Jeff

The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]