FORUMS: list search recent posts

scene selection without so many timelines?

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brian Johnson
scene selection without so many timelines?
on Mar 13, 2010 at 8:11:23 pm

Hi! Hoping someone can help me figure this one out.

I'd like to create a DVD with a play all option as well as scene selections. Is there a way to set up the disc where I can import one long video into one timeline and create scene selections (without chopping up the original video into so many timelines)? The only way I know how to do scene selections is to have each scene as a different clip in a different timeline. I'm doing a dance recital DVD and there's got to be a better way to do this! I'm using Encore CS4. Many thanks!

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
Re: scene selection without so many timelines?
on Mar 13, 2010 at 8:45:33 pm

Import your long video as a timeline. Then add a chapter marker in the timeline where you want each scene to start.

Link the buttons on the scene select menu to the appropriate chapter markers in the timeline.

That should get you started.

Do you want the recital to continue after each scene/chapter, or do you want it to go back to the scene menu after each one?

-Jeff

The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

Return to posts index

Brian Johnson
on Mar 13, 2010 at 8:49:11 pm

Thanks for your help, Jeff.

I'd like for each scene selection (dance number) to play through and then go back to the scene selection menu.

There will also be a play all option. I'm guessing the chapter marker end actions mess me up here?

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
on Mar 13, 2010 at 9:02:31 pm

Chapter Marker end actions are OK if you can use a Chapter Playlist for the play all function. The only reason you couldn't use a chapter playlist when there are end actions on the chapter markers is if you need seamless playback and there aren't any natural breaks between chapters.

If that's the case, then you need to delete all of the chapter end actions and use a link to the timeline as your play all. Then for the scenes, you would create a chapter playlist for each individual chapter. Each chapter playlist would only contain the one chapter.

-Jeff

The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

Return to posts index

Brian Johnson
on Apr 6, 2010 at 3:27:07 am

it took me a while to try this out, but it worked great. Just have one issue...not sure if it's playlist related or not.

I have an Encore project with a scene selection menu. There are 16 different text items to choose from, each with a button to the left that I created in Photoshop. It's just a white triangle with a transparent background. The background of the menu itself is black. The way I have my menu color set set up, the white triangle button moves around as you roll your mouse over the different selections. You only see one triangle at a time, depending on which item you roll over. If you click any of the triangles to activate the link, all 16 of them flash white at the same time just before it begins to play the video. Know of a way to make it where you don't see all the buttons there at the end?

PS: Each button links to a chapter playlist, and each chapter playlist has just one chapter in it like you suggested. It's dance numbers from a show that you can play individually as opposed to the "play all" option from the main menu.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]