FORUMS: list search recent posts

Help with jittery DVD's from Encore

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Free
Help with jittery DVD's from Encore
on Mar 7, 2010 at 6:14:10 pm

I have a problem I hope someone can help me with. I'm finding that when I burn a DVD using Encore CS4 that although the video is perfect on the timeline both in Pro and Encore, when I burn the disc the picture is jittery. Still images when the camera wasn't moving are ok, but when the camera pans or there is action in the picture it seems to jump like the TV can't keep up with the moving image.

The project is in PAL 4:3 25fps. The Intermediate Media Timebase settings are set for 25fps, the original footage from the camera was PAL DV 720x576 (1.094) 25fps, the project settings are the same. The export settings on the Pro project were set to H264 but I tried changing this to Mpeg 2 but the same problem occurs. I used the Dynamic Link to send the project to Encore. Created a menu which works OK with no errors. It burns with out problems and when you watch it on the TV it's all jerky and jumpy. I even tried exporting the timeline from Pro to an mpg file, then importing that into Encore and creating a new project. The same result.

Does anyone have any idea what might cause this?

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
Re: Help with jittery DVD's from Encore
on Mar 10, 2010 at 10:53:19 pm

Interlacing issues perhaps. Have you checked to make sure each step along your path is interpreting the interlacing correctly?

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

David Free
on Mar 11, 2010 at 10:06:06 am

Thanks but how would I check to see if it's interlacing corectly?

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
on Mar 11, 2010 at 2:29:05 pm

Check how Premiere is interpreting your footage. (Read the help files) And check Encore as well. Also check how you're encoding them.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]