FORUMS: list search recent posts

Eating Up Hard Drive Space

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Connor Lynch
Eating Up Hard Drive Space
on Feb 25, 2010 at 2:35:09 am

Hey Guys Need Some Help-

When ever I run Encore the hard drive space on my MacBook Pro just gets eaten up. I have the project and all of the associated media saved on an external drive, so I have no idea what Encore is saving and where when I work on a project. It's getting to the point when my machine starts just chugging along and Encore just freezes in place. This particular project I used the link to get a timeline from Premiere into Encore, and because it's so long i have to replace the audio track.

Here's my three most pertinent questions.

What is Encore doing to my hard drive?
How do I get rid of it?
How do I stop it from happening any more?

Any help you guys can offer would be awesome.

Return to posts index

Nicole Haddock
Re: Eating Up Hard Drive Space
on Feb 25, 2010 at 3:55:18 pm

How big is your hard drive and how much free space is there on it?

And how full does the hard drive suddenly get?

The only thing I can think of off the top of my head is to clear the media cache- Encore/Prefs/Media - media cache, clean database.

Return to posts index

Connor Lynch
on Feb 25, 2010 at 4:18:55 pm

It's a 320 Gig mac. Generaly I'll start off with 4 gigs or so and that will get crushed down to 300 to 200 MBs if it doesn't jet get all the way full. Lord knows how much I had before I noticed with is was going on. I'll try the clean cashe and let you know what I get.

Return to posts index

Connor Lynch
on Feb 25, 2010 at 5:06:21 pm

So now I have 1.6 MB available on my hard drive. I can't open Encore. I can't find the files that Encore put on my hard drive. I am filling with rage. Does anybody have any idea what I should do?

Return to posts index

Luis Martinez
on Oct 6, 2012 at 8:06:18 pm

Same Problem, I even deleted Diablo 3 and got like 9 gigs back opened Encore and back down to MB, no idea whats going on

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]