FORUMS: list search recent posts

Question on playback of video track to menu with BluRays

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nicole Haddock
Question on playback of video track to menu with BluRays
on Feb 24, 2010 at 8:45:40 pm

Hi all,

I'm pretty new to Encore and authoring in BluRay. I've RTFM from Encore CS3 and am currently working in CS4. I have a question regarding playback in bluray players- I have my video track that ends on a still of the menu it jumps to at the end (the transition into said menu is animated). There is a lovely jump to black for maybe 2 seconds between all tracks that do this. Is this just how it works and I must deal? Or is there some setting, some workaround somewhere that I can do? For SD DVDs in DVDSP, this works fine ignoring the DVD pause hiccup while the track jumps to the menu.

My timelines are 720p24p HD video pre-transcoded to MPEG2 according to DAV's TechTable tutorial (http://blogs.adobe.com/davtechtable/2008/03/_updated_march_2008_working_wi.html). They play just fine (although in preview mode on my computer I see 2 thin black bars on either side of the video, despite is being 1280x720 already, which makes me go Hmm in general).

My menus are the default for a 720p disc and the motion background is a 2 minute loop of a still (there's a gnarly gamma shift if I make a still of the video in FCP, ah Apple, we love you). The menus themselves work just fine. Overlays are happy, background is happy, everything functions as it should.

I'm working on an Intel desktop 2x2.66 dual core intel, 8GB of RAM, OS 10.6.2 and Encore 4.0.0.258

Thoughts?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]