FORUMS: list search recent posts

I have an extremely strange problem...I can recreate on other machines

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jason Brown
I have an extremely strange problem...I can recreate on other machines
on Feb 24, 2010 at 4:27:34 am

OK...using Encore CS4 -

I've ruled out a couple things - it has nothing to do with connection - RCA, HDMI, Component...recreated issue with all 3.

Has nothing to do with player - created issue with multiple players.

The issue is with 16x9 vs 4x3 mixed with a specific background.

First thing I did was put same overlay's over black. Looked perfect. No problems.

Second thing I did was put them over a still image OR motion menu (transcoded MPEG2) - problem on both. It seems to be this background...whether motion or still creates a banding in the overlays (whether they are simple boxes or complex shapes, it doesn't seem to matter)

Third thing I found was that problem went away when I changed menu (in encore) to native 4x3 OR changed DVD player to push out 16x9 image.

Final thing I did was to put all 3 overlay assignments in my photoshop file - =1, =2. and =3. And...get this - 1 and 2 had the problem...but 3 did not.

So my result was to use ALL =3 and use the same color I've been using all along...WORKS FINE on DVD player set to 4x3 LB or 16x9.

The overlay in the following image is the 3 circles together...on the left side of the screen, about middle.

Image1:
http://www.jbtwist.com/CC/16x9.jpg
(This is DVD player set to 16x9...there are 3 assigned colors - top =1 - left side =2 - right side =3)

Image2:
http://www.jbtwist.com/CC/4x3LB.jpg
(This is DVD player set to 4x3LB...same overlay same DVD...)

Again, my solution was to change all overlays to =3 and problem is gone.

I can provide the .jpg I'm using to anyone who'd like to test this. I've been using Encore for professional level DVD's for YEARS, and I've never run into an issue like this.

-Jason

Return to posts index

Jason Brown
Re: I have an extremely strange problem...I can recreate on other machines
on Mar 1, 2010 at 2:47:48 pm

Anyone want the background image I'm having issues with? I think I've found a bug with the software...how should I proceed? Just send a technical note to Adobe?

-Jason

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]