FORUMS: list search recent posts

Please help with 5D Mark II footage to Blu-Ray!

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris McKechnie
Please help with 5D Mark II footage to Blu-Ray!
on Feb 22, 2010 at 8:26:02 pm

Wondering if you have worked with authoring Blu-Rays from 5D Mark II footage?

I have a major issue here. I have shot and edited a complete program in Final Cut. It was shot at 1920x1080 30p (canon yet to release 24p firmware update). I noticed that the only progressive frame rate Encore supports is 23.986. I have heard about the possibility of transcoding the footage to 29.97 60i but won't that look like crap going from progressive to interlaced? Also, what would be the best way to go about that?

I have tried to transcode my footage via Cinema Tools, then adjust the speed in compressor. I then open that newly conformed clip into a 24p sequence in final Cut to line up the audio, and it matches in the beginning, but then goes out of sync. Program is only 5 minutes long.

Is there a way to properly transcode the footage to 23.986 with the audio in sync via CS4 or another method?? This has stumped me for the past few days, been researching, etc, and still can't figure out why my audio is not syncing because I want the progressive h264 burn for Blu-Ray.

Thanks in advance! Oh, and I have the latest FCS3 and CS4 Master Collection. :-)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]