FORUMS: list search recent posts

CS4 PC very long delay switching windows

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul Gale
CS4 PC very long delay switching windows
on Feb 22, 2010 at 9:12:57 am

Has anyone seen this problem?

I have a 36 minute video programme SD 16:9 PAL with 6 language menus and a couple of other menus showing at the end of the video.

5 x full subtitles with approx 300-400 subtitles in each set.

When loading the project, it can take a VERY long time to load and often seems to hang at the saving or preparing transcode settings stage (approx 10%). I've had it take in excess of 1hr, at which point I close Encore and re-start. The project will then normally load a bit quicker (few minutes).

When it does load, if I switch windows (or, say, an OS dialogue box pops up etc), switching back to the project also takes a few minutes. I can simply click off the Encore window and back again and it takes this time.

HDD activity is high during this time and examining the HDD activity via Procmon shows Encore accessing the cache and project data.

Is Encore just inherently very slow when dealing with a lot of subtitles? That's currently my guess.

Paul Gale
Silicon Pixel Ltd

Return to posts index

Stephen Pendergrass
Re: CS4 PC very long delay switching windows
on May 7, 2010 at 2:51:29 pm

Hey Paul,

I'm having the same issue with Encore CS4 and I'm not even working with subtitles. When I click to open a project, it says "preparing transcode settings", then stops at 10% and then Encore basically crashes. Parts of the screen turn white and it never loads.

But then some days it works. I've tried different things to find a cause, but to no avail. I'd sure like to know why this happens!

Stephen

Return to posts index

Paul Gale
Re: CS4 PC very long delay switching windows
on May 7, 2010 at 3:53:09 pm

I never got it fixed.

I've got CS5 now - so will be interesting to see if this solves anything - maybe the 64bit code will help a lot?

I don't do very many DVD's, so not sure when I'll get a chance to test again over a sustained period of time.

Cheers,

Paul.

Paul Gale
Silicon Pixel Ltd

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]