FORUMS: list search recent posts

Menu stops short and loops

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Wynn Winberg
Menu stops short and loops
on Feb 20, 2010 at 5:11:24 pm

I am a newbie at Encore, so feel free to roll your eyes if this this simple. I am making a 1080 Blu-ray. It has four video tracks and one main menu with four buttons to access the videos.

The main menu has a 1080 Quicktime background (which I created in AE and rendered to animation codec) - 30 seconds long. To create the menu, I selected an HD menu template in Encore and then linked my Quicktime to it, for both the audio and video. When I preview, the Quicktime video is frozen, but the music plays in full. When I burned disk, the menu plays normally for about 15 seconds (both video and audio) and then jumps back to the beginning, instead of playing the full 30 seconds. My menu duration says :30 secs.

Any ideas why my menu prematurely stops and jumps back to the beginning?

Thanks in advance -

Wynn Winberg
Aries Productions

Return to posts index

Jon Geddes
Re: Menu stops short and loops
on Feb 21, 2010 at 5:09:59 pm

This is a bug with the program. One way to get around this bug is to place the menu's video and audio into an After Effects composition, then import that composition into Encore using the Dynamic Link feature. Set the background's audio and video to the dynamic link composition, and Encore will not complete the rendering of the menu prematurely, thus playing the full 30 seconds of your menu.

Jon Geddes
http://www.precomposed.com

Return to posts index

Wynn Winberg
Re: Menu stops short and loops
on Feb 22, 2010 at 1:34:12 am

Dang it - that's a pain. Thanks for the heads up!

Wynn

817-640-9955

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]