FORUMS: list search recent posts

SD - HD content on BR

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lea Prainsack
SD - HD content on BR
on Feb 13, 2010 at 1:46:54 am

Hi y'all -

My goal is to create a Blu-ray DVD through Encore (!) that includes a couple menus, 1 HD file (1920x1080 23.976, square) and a couple of SD files (720x480, 29.97, SD NTSC). I've created respective MPeg2 files through Compressor.

Within Encore (project setting: Blu-ray MPeg2, NTSC 1920x1080, 23.976), each file is in its' separate timeline, with the timeline property info showing the correct aspect ratio. However, the 4x3 footage looks smushed horizontally within the 4x3 window. Is that normal - and just a preview issue?

Running Encore CS4 on Mac. I've read about the various limitations Encore has ... but thought I'd give it a try since it's the only option available to me.

Thanks for your help!!

Return to posts index

Jon Geddes
Re: SD - HD content on BR
on Feb 14, 2010 at 4:33:20 pm

Make sure the interpret footage setting is correct for your 4x3 video files. So you say the 4x3 video looks smooshed... as in the opposite of stretched? Maybe you can take a screenshot?

Jon Geddes
http://www.precomposed.com

Return to posts index

Lea Prainsack
Re: SD - HD content on BR
on Feb 15, 2010 at 1:49:03 am

Hi Jon -

Thanks for your response! Attached is a still of one of the 4x3 SD files. The timeline has the 4x3 highlighted and the Interpret Footage has SD NTSC (0.9091) as pixel aspect ratio selected.

I tried a couple of different things, such as changing the project setting btw blu-ray & dvd before creating each timeline -- which didn't do anything...

The one thing I noticed was that if I create a project and save it first as a SD DVD and then switch the project settings to blu-ray, the SD aspect ratio is correct. The HD footage in preview looks beyond terrible, though. (which is not the case if I start and save it as a BR project first) Does any of that make sense?

Thanks so much!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]