FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audio Issues with Encore Blu Rays

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jon Shelson
Audio Issues with Encore Blu Rays
on Feb 11, 2010 at 11:58:56 pm

Hi,
I've been have a recurring problem when authoring Blu-ray discs in Encore in regards to the audio, both 5.1 and stereo. My workflow is as follows:
-Export individual AIFFs of each channel from Final Cut
-Use compressor to encode AC3 files either using the Dolby 2.0 or Dolby 5.1 preset depending on the source files
-Import the AC3s into Encore and drag to the appropriate timeline

The audio quality is extremely poor, regardless of whether it's played back on a 5.1 system or stereo system. It just sounds quiet and tiny. I've used the exact same AC3s in DVD Studio Pro and these DVDs have sounded phenomenal. I've tried retranscoding the AIFs to AC3 files and the issue has remained.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!
Thanks

Return to posts index

Jon Geddes
Re: Audio Issues with Encore Blu Rays
on Feb 12, 2010 at 3:31:43 pm

If Encore is not re-transcoding the files, then it has nothing to do with encore.

Is there any way you can play the ac3 files back in an application to test before bringing it into Encore?

Jon Geddes
http://www.precomposed.com

Return to posts index

Jon Shelson
on Feb 14, 2010 at 8:14:30 pm

As mentioned in my original post I've had no issues burning the AC3s in DVD Studio Pro or playing back in Quicktime/FCP/VLC.

Encore is set to 'Don't Encode'

Any other suggestions?

Return to posts index

graeme land
on May 24, 2010 at 6:08:38 pm

Are you using Adobe media encoder prior to importing to Encore? Because Media Encoder uses a very low bit rate for audio by default -for both PCM and Dolby, if memory serves me rightly its around 115Kbs - you need at least 224Kbs to get decent stereo, but you have to manually alter the bit rate in the Audio panel in the export Dialogue box - not sure if this helps.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]