FORUMS: list search recent posts

Encore CS4 Create Chapter Index Problem

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Victor Sibiya
Encore CS4 Create Chapter Index Problem
on Feb 9, 2010 at 4:05:39 pm

I'm trying to create a chapter index by dragging chapter 1 from the timeline to the chapter 1 box in the scene selection but when clicking on create chapter index I get an error message "The chapter index could not be created because the current menu does not contain any chapter buttons"
The template is created from Photoshop with following setting: (+) Chapter 1; (=) Highlight; frame; (%) video layer.

Return to posts index

Jon Geddes
Re: Encore CS4 Create Chapter Index Problem
on Feb 10, 2010 at 2:11:52 am

In order for the menu to support the chapter index feature, you must give the chapter buttons a (+#) prefix. You should also create a main menu button with a (+^) prefix, a previous button with a (+<) prefix, and a next button with a (+>) prefix.

Jon Geddes
http://www.precomposed.com

Return to posts index

Victor Sibiya
on Feb 10, 2010 at 6:01:20 pm

Thanks Jon, you are a star...it worked!

Return to posts index

Victor Sibiya
on Feb 10, 2010 at 8:22:27 pm

I've created 18 chapters in the multiple of 6 chapter boxes which means I need to have 3 sets of scene selection. The chapter numbering is right from the 1st set..i.e from chapter 1 to chapter 6. I'm expecting the second set to start from chapter 7 to chapter 12 but it's still from chapter 1 to chapter 6. It does not change the chapter numbering after chapter 6.

Return to posts index

Jon Geddes
on Feb 11, 2010 at 3:16:15 pm

You should watch the Encore video tutorial from our website, as it will show you how to setup a chapter index. You must select all the chapter boxes, and in the properties panel, have the buttons 'Set Name from Link'.

You must also uncheck ‘Sync Button Text and Name’ in the ‘Basic’ Properties panel while selecting the ‘Next’, ‘Previous’, and ‘Main Menu’ buttons of the Scene Selection Menu. This will avoid a bug with the creation of subsequent scene menus.

Jon Geddes
http://www.precomposed.com

Return to posts index

Victor Sibiya
on Feb 11, 2010 at 6:54:41 pm

Thanks Jon for your help. Your video tutorials are easy to follow, keep the good work.

Return to posts index

Sachin Desai
on Mar 29, 2011 at 3:59:34 pm

I would appreciate if someone could help with capter indexing in Encore CS4. Just learning some basics with Encore and Premier Pro for home movies.

I have 19 chapter points with first chapter being a startup movie which leads to the main menu. I have 18 events as chapter thumbnails which could go on 3 menu pages which will be linked together.

If I use chapter indexing then the start up movie chapter goes to my first thumbnail and I get alltogether 19 chapters and 4 menu pages.

Is there anyway I could chapter index bypassing first chapter point on the timeline and the first chapter thumbnail is from my 2nd chapter point on the timeline as the first chapter point is for the startup movie?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]