FORUMS: list search recent posts

Bluray disc question/problem

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Speace
Bluray disc question/problem
on Feb 5, 2010 at 6:23:13 pm

I burned a bluray disc directly from Premiere CS3... export to Encore, no menus were created... just direct burn to the blueray disc. The disc will play in a Bluray player, but it won't play in the blueray/dvd drive in my computer! I am wondering if this is normal or is there something I need to do to get the disc to play in my computer?

Dave

Dave Speace
Producer/Director/DP
DZP Video

Return to posts index

Jon Geddes
Re: Bluray disc question/problem
on Feb 6, 2010 at 12:59:58 am

In order to play on a computer, you need a software DVD / Blu-ray player. What operating system are you running?

Jon Geddes
http://www.precomposed.com

Return to posts index

David Speace
on Feb 6, 2010 at 3:58:10 am

I have a Windows system, CS3... I just installed a dvd/bluray drive/recorder in my computer, which is how I recorded the bluray disc with Encore. I also have a separate bluray disc player (Vizio), which will play the disc that I made. But, it won't play in the bluray drive that is installed in my computer. I can open the files on the disc and click on the video file and it will play, but the disc does not launch automatically, like a dvd disc normally would do... launch in a windows media player or vlc player...without doing anything other than just put the disc in the drive.

Dave

Dave Speace
Producer/Director/DP
DZP Video

Return to posts index

Jon Geddes
on Feb 6, 2010 at 3:52:57 pm

Like I said, you need a software Blu-ray player such as Power DVD or Total Media Theater installed on your computer with the drive.

Jon Geddes
http://www.precomposed.com

Return to posts index

David Speace
on Feb 6, 2010 at 6:18:02 pm

Right... I need the software that will play bluray! So much for using VLC or Windows Media Player! I think I have Power DVD in one of my other computers, somewhere... I'll have to load it on this computer.

Thanks for your help.

Dave

Dave Speace
Producer/Director/DP
DZP Video

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]