FORUMS: list search recent posts

Blank DVD Issue

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Robert MacDonald
Blank DVD Issue
on Feb 5, 2010 at 6:00:19 pm

Hi, I am trying to burn a project to DVD using Encore CS3 on PC. So far it's been fine with DVD+R RW. I got a new batch of blank DVDs, some are DVD+R some are DVD-R and neither of them work!!!!
I select "Build" and it gets about 20 seconds into the process and ejects the DVD and then asks for "DVD Media" to be inserted!! I've tried all the usual possible solutions like turning it on and off again, creating a new project, using a different computer, changing the write speeds etc and now i've hit a brick wall.
Anyone got a solution, please help!

Rob

Return to posts index

Robert MacDonald
Re: Blank DVD Issue
on Feb 8, 2010 at 2:42:26 pm

Obviously this problem is unique to me, i think i'll take my laptop and bathe it in a vat of sulphuric acid. Thanks anyway!

Return to posts index

Larry Applegate
Re: Blank DVD Issue
on Feb 9, 2010 at 5:49:26 am

There are many posts on many forums about the quality of blank DVD's. Some are crap. The old adage "you get what you pay for" doesn't even apply. The cheap ones are often useless, so you get nothing. I use Verbatim, there are other good brands, do a search.

Given that, there is also a difference in burner quality. But a marginal burner will usually work better with a better quality blank. Also some burners work better with +R, and others -R. The only way to find out is to try your blanks on other burners, and your burner on other blanks.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]