FORUMS: list search recent posts

Working with 2 different frame rates in Encore CS4

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joe Truitt
Working with 2 different frame rates in Encore CS4
on Feb 4, 2010 at 1:39:56 am

I have a question maybe someone can help me with. I made my film with 2 different frame rates (29fps and 23fps)one was filmed in 1080 60i and the other was 720p (slow motion). Used an HVX200.

When I try to build the disc the encode fails.

Do I need to encode each of them separately? Can this be done or did I goof by using two different rates. I am new to using Encore CS4 so maybe its a simple mistake.

Joe

Return to posts index

Jon Geddes
Re: Working with 2 different frame rates in Encore CS4
on Feb 5, 2010 at 3:46:32 am

If you edited your footage in Premiere, then you should have specified the framerate of the entire movie, and the format that was different from your sequence would have been converted. You should then be encoding in the same framerate as your sequence without issues.

You should only have problems if you try dropping two different framerates/resolutions into a single Encore timeline.

Jon Geddes
http://www.precomposed.com

Return to posts index

Joe Truitt
Re: Working with 2 different frame rates in Encore CS4
on Feb 15, 2010 at 9:03:59 pm

Jon,

Thank you for responding to my post.

You are correct, I do have two different frame rates in the same timeline. Is there a way to make the two different frame rates work for the whole project? There are only a few clips that are for slow motion at 24fps and the rest are at 29fps. Any help you can offer
would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Joe

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]