FORUMS: list search recent posts

professional DVD themes for Encore

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Forrest McFeeters
professional DVD themes for Encore
on Jan 30, 2010 at 6:04:23 pm

I'm looking for some really professional dvd menu themes for Encore. Preferably motion menus that have a corporate feel to them. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks

Dynamic Media Services
http://www.dmscapade.com/
http://www.dmscapade.com/forrestmcfeeters/index.html
forrest@dmscapde.com
Creative Media By Creative People

Return to posts index

Jon Geddes
Re: professional DVD themes for Encore
on Feb 1, 2010 at 8:34:34 pm

For industry leading motion menu templates, you should visit: http://www.precomposed.com

We provide a variety of themes for different projects, and you might be interested in our "Retro Fusion" design for corporate use. New designs are always being released, so feel free to submit ideas and suggestions for a future menu.

Our menus are designed to be used with Encore or DVD Studio Pro, however we highly recommend using Encore. Complete walkthrough video tutorials are available for all our products from the Tutorial Section of our website.

Jon Geddes
http://www.precomposed.com

Return to posts index

Paul Benson
on Feb 2, 2010 at 5:47:36 pm

Hi John,
I had looked at some of your offerings earlier. They look great and I can tell a lot of time was put on them. I am really impressed with the seamless video transitions. I'm not asking for your trade secrets, but I am trying to figure out how that is done. Watching the promo reel, at 44 seconds it looks like you are able to go from the main page to the scene selections, with the main page video still running. Whenever I do a menuscreen change, even with transitions, I can't keep the original video continuously running. I may just have to buy one of your packages to see how that is done.
Also, I think I remember the promos used to have actual video content instead of the 'gray input area'.
Finally, what software is needed to fully take advantage of your packages? It looks like AE and Encore. I have the full suite, so it is not an issue for me, but what if someone just had Encore, what could they do?

Thanks,
Paul

Return to posts index

Jon Geddes
on Feb 2, 2010 at 6:16:42 pm

Paul,

Our menus do not do anything special to overcome the linear limitations of the DVD and Blu-ray format. If you have a video playing in the dropzone box, it will still jump back to the beginning once the transition starts, however the rest of the menu will remain seamless. Also, you can easily mask the jump in the dropzone by either using a still image instead of a video, or by having frequent cuts in your video (instead of long slow dissolves).

As for a sample which shows what the menu looks like with video placed into the dropzones, there is a link just below the preview for each menu which will take you to an HD youtube video of one.

For our Pro Motion Menu Kits, After Effects CS3 or above is required to render the menus, and Photoshop is required to customize the Cover and Label templates. You can use any authoring application of your choice, however we only offer customer support for Encore and DVD Studio Pro.

We are currently working on a new product line of kits that use Static Menus, do not require AE, and include the matching Cover and Label templates.

Please let me know if I can help you with anything else.

Jon Geddes

Return to posts index

Jon Geddes
on Feb 2, 2010 at 6:34:55 pm

Just as an example of what I'm talking about, here is our latest "White Wedding" template with sample video/images placed in it:

The preview leaves out: the entire 50 second main menu, 30 second scene selection menu, and 30 second special features menu. It only plays through the transitions. The reason the video plays seamlessly, is because it is designed to loop every 50 seconds.

The beginning of the loop starts at the beginning of the Main Menu. So during the 10 second intro sequence (before the main menu starts), it actually plays the last 10 seconds of the loop.

Then, once the transition to the Scene Selection starts, the loop is at the beginning again. So after the 10 second transition to the Scene Selection Menu, then the full 30 second duration of the Scene Selection Menu, and finally the 10 second transition back to the main menu, the loop is back to the beginning, and perfectly aligned with the beginning of the main menu. (10sec + 30sec + 10sec = 50sec)

It might be kind of confusing reading it like this, so you might want to watch our product video tutorials which will take you through the after effects project. The product tutorials are freely available from the tutorial section of our website.

Jon Geddes

Return to posts index

Paul Benson
on Feb 2, 2010 at 8:27:08 pm

Thanks Jon. You all do a really good job on those.

Pauley

Return to posts index

Zack Florance
on Jun 7, 2010 at 3:14:42 pm

I had a freind who bought one of these and it looked great, however it was not "seemless" in the way it's viewed in the advertisment video. There was a second or two of black inbetween each transistion to menus.

Zack
Bloomfield Hills, MI
Avid Express V 5.6
HP Compaq nw8440
2 GB Ram
Intel Centrino Core 2 Duo 2.0 GHz

Return to posts index

Jon Geddes
on Jun 8, 2010 at 3:50:05 pm

The preview in Encore will actually show black between menus and transitions, however on the actual burned disc, you should not see black between them.

Just about all dvd and bluray players will freeze the last frame of the previous menu or transition until it loads the next one, making the transition seamless. Very rarely you will find a player that will show black between the transitions and menus. Sometimes this is even caused by burning too fast, which creates more errors on the disc, making it harder for the player to read it, and thus making it take longer to read the disc. If the duration of time is too long for it to read the disc between menus or transitions, it may display black.

In almost all cases, you will not see black between menus.

Jon Geddes

Return to posts index

Zack Florance
on Jun 8, 2010 at 5:17:40 pm

This disc was used on my Bluray players and his and we had the exact same thing happen. My Bluray player was just released in Decmeber. It was burned at 2X so I'm not sure why this would happen in both players...

Zack
Bloomfield Hills, MI
Avid Express V 5.6
HP Compaq nw8440
2 GB Ram

Return to posts index

Jon Geddes
on Jun 9, 2010 at 4:52:14 pm

What type of players are you using?

The Panasonic are best for burned media, and Sony PS3 also works well.

What brand media are you using? Verbatim and Sony are the best.

Jon Geddes

Return to posts index

Zack Florance
on Jun 10, 2010 at 2:07:20 pm

One is a Sharp Aquos and and the other is a Samsung BD-C6500.... I just looked at the disc lastnight and its funny because on my computer is does not show the black frame when switching menus but both standalone players it does. Burned on Verbatim BD-R's

Zack
Bloomfield Hills, MI
Avid Express V 5.6
HP Compaq nw8440
2 GB Ram

Return to posts index

Michael Holmes
on Dec 7, 2012 at 8:28:00 pm

This is an old thread, but I'd just like to say how glad I am that I discovered the Precomposed Menu Kits. The menus are great and have saved me months of work (and I'd never create menus this good, regardless of the time I put in).

Also, the tech support from Jon Geddes is outstanding, always ready to help.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]